Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

I guess it depends on your final destination.

If it is London then not much to choose between the three LCY/LHR/LGW.

There are/were clearly many more destinations available with better frequencies from LHR than the other two but you would need codeshares with many airlines to make that much of a difference.

Schedules is more a problem I think than the airport. The EZY schedule to LGW , especially the evening one, is poor and not overly reliable. Its a brave soul that would fly out on the evening flight to LGW with an early morning onward flight the next day for instance.

Flying a 49 seat jet to LHR does not seem to make much sense though. If you mess about on the Heathrow website you can see the provisional IOM schedule.

Mind you who knows what aviation and travel will be like by the time this current mess has played out

*Apparently* Loganair pulled routes off sale to even MAN and LPL last week for a brief period and are playing Gov to rush the signing of the Patient Transfer contract, by threatening to pull all routes.

The MD Hinkles apprently wrote to Gov threatening them end of last week.

Edited by NoTailT

15 hours ago, NoTailT said:

*Apparently* Loganair pulled routes off sale to even MAN and LPL last week for a brief period and are playing Gov to rush the signing of the Patient Transfer contract, by threatening to pull all routes.

The MD Hinkles apprently wrote to Gov threatening them end of last week.

I don't think I would view it as a threat, but more the reality of the aviation situation imo !

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, asitis said:

Was told yesterday of meetings taking place about part privatisation of the airport !

Not sure which parts can be hived off tbh !

The escalators will be the first to go. They will become toll escalators and you'll have to pay 50p to get to the departure lounge.

I'm sure there will be others once the civil servants get their brains in gear after their third Nescafe break of the day...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...