Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

And it’s a red eye. Out 06.50 arriving back 10.05. Cheapest fare £140 return

I assume they're going to move the ATR that currently does City on to the PTS as the contract stipulates.

Would leave the ERJ open to Heathrow, Biringham and Manchester once daily or an expanded schedule to Heathrow in future. But I'm not entirely sure what use such an early departure is at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Without trawling back through the thread who is it that is flying to Heathrow? I'm lost now.

loganair.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

The early departure from IOM is useful for business travellers to London. The early departure from LHR is useful for travellers connecting off the bank of red-eyes that come in from the US and Dubai/Singapore/etc.

But without a corresponding late flight- one to connect into the evening bank of red-eye deparures from LHR, then to bring the business fliers back- then it's a bit more limited in use.

I don't have any inside track, but I'm guessing they'll use the Embraer and not an ATR42 or ATR72.

Edited by tetchtyke

34 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

The early departure from IOM is useful for business travellers to London. The early departure from LHR is useful for travellers connecting off the bank of red-eyes that come in from the US and Dubai/Singapore/etc.

But without a corresponding late flight- one to connect into the evening bank of red-eye deparures from LHR, then to bring the business fliers back- then it's a bit more limited in use.

I don't have any inside track, but I'm guessing they'll use the Embraer and not an ATR42 or ATR72.

It's on the ERJ145. ATR42 will go to operate PTS as per the awarding of the tender contract.

But what business demand is there right now, honestly? What do we expect to see in the coming 3-4 months?

A triple daily flight to London is what we need. But people will want through tickets to avoid re-checking bags at Heathow to make those banks you talk of and I don't see any available to this route for interlining or codeshare.

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

It's on the ERJ145. ATR42 will go to operate PTS as per the awarding of the tender contract.

But what business demand is there right now, honestly? What do we expect to see in the coming 3-4 months?

A triple daily flight to London is what we need. But people will want through tickets to avoid re-checking bags at Heathow to make those banks you talk of and I don't see any available to this route for interlining or codeshare.

Flybe had codeshare with Emirates, among others, and Loganair have codeshare and interline agreements with BA and a few others. So it should be sorted.

I suppose it's not worth sorting it out for this flight unless/until things ease off here.

8 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

Flybe had codeshare with Emirates, among others, and Loganair have codeshare and interline agreements with BA and a few others. So it should be sorted.

I suppose it's not worth sorting it out for this flight unless/until things ease off here.

A codeshare with all the major international airlines would be very welcome, especially at a time when you have to fill in the passenger locator form for when you arrive in the UK and one of the drop down options is transferring to another flight without going through passport control, but you have to go out then back in to get your baggage at the moment due to the lack of onward baggage options via codeshare. 

Edited by Lxxx

I just wish that after booking a flight I could go to the airport half an hour before the flight, park easily, go straight through security, gather in assembly for a few minutes and straight onto the plane which then takes off.

Minimum fuss, pleasant, helpful, adequate amount of staff.

I'm absolutely sure that there is no need for the current state of affairs which make air travel such a distasteful, painful undertaking.

I have travelled like that when I was much younger, (no, not Imperial Airways), but nowadays, Jeesh.

I am aware that if I was one of the privileged elite I would be allowed to travel like that, but I'm not, I'm just an ordinary fella.

• Like 1