Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

50 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Potential MHK - bus station ideas...

sort of says it all. I’ve a lot of time for Simon but on the back of this I’d advocate sticking to law.

As a bus passenger, I don't think it would solve a problem. On bad weather days I'd have to walk further in the wind and the rain to get to the Sea Terminal from Strand Street and the Town Centre. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, NoTailT said:

The rebirth begins. Apparently there's already talks with Jez going on about a 2 aircraft base and he ain't happy at it pissing on the Loganair parade.

Screenshot_20211020-204933_Chrome.jpg

God help us here we go again. Firstly there are people who shouldn't be in charge of negotiating something with anyone ! secondly an illustration of my points about open skies. Someone will have to explain to me, why the shipping company (of course we own it now) has to be protected at all costs, as there is not enough trade to support two companies, and both would probably go down the tubes, and the airport where there is probably pro rata even less trade, but anyone can come in ? seems nonsensical to me ! I agree we certainly didn't want an Aurigny situation as Government can't run anything, but I maintain it should have been possible to have light touch regulation and maintain exclusive routes in an arms length deal with someone. There are enough idle Dash 8's lying around and crews to fly them ! For goodness sake the patient transfer contract could have been used to our advantage with some "out of the box" thinking. It does seem we have no clear strategic plan in respect of the airport and its services, and already are allowing operators to piss off others at their whim.

Perhaps we are still drinking at the fantasy font of approaching 2 million passengers per annum and gearing up for the happening. No one appears to have a clue how to run an airport, priorities are spend on new shiny things, fail to ensure staffing issues are addressed particularly in ATC, propose ever more outrageously expensive fantasy expansions oh and lastly " do we need some aeroplanes ?". For gods sake recruit someone who has a clue and quickly !!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2