Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

Just now, Danoo said:

The increased capacity and frequency wil come, in time. If someone can make money they will find a way.

Let’s hope so it’s dreadful as it currently is . I do think the DOI have a key role to play here and I don’t understand those who seem to think they should not be held to account to find a solution . And for the avoidance of doubt I am not advocating a big government subsidy to make it work either . 

• 3 months later...

My, very reliable, informant ( family member working in airport admin ) reports there were talks yesterday between LoganAir and another undisclosed operator ( assumed to be flybe2 ) and DoI about London routes, including LCY and LHR.

High on agenda was underwriting guarantee.

Obviously if there’s a tax payer subsidy that changes the market and may make an otherwise viable route marginal or uneconomic. IoMG can hardly underwrite one, and not the other.

Not sure if Dr Jez was in the room.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

Obviously if there’s a tax payer subsidy that changes the market and may make an otherwise viable route marginal or uneconomic. IoMG can hardly underwrite one, and not the other.

They can't, if one of the airlines does it commercially they can't underwrite the other one. And if one airline was prepared to fly commercially, I think this administration would be happy to let them crack on. They called Loganair's bluff on it.

I'll eat my hat if Flybe2 ever get going, mind.

Edited by Ringy Rose