Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Well I mean.. it wont be. Next phase means we can bring business people, family and friends so long as they isolate for 2 weeks. The word I heard today was that Phase 2 not likely until October. So that means no unrestricted business travel until October, which coincides with when most of the banks have their staff WFH until.

Well if that's the case we will be well isolated as Guernsey are looking at stage 6 i.e. opening of borders on 1st September and with Jersey already open I'm not sure how long IOM would cope as the only British jurisdiction closed to business & tourism.

Edited by Banker

Well it is all a bit of a mess. Chances are we will lose most airline connections due to low demand. The second the borders open Covid will return so its pretty much down to how the powers that be want to deal with that. If they don’t want to deal with that they’ll just keep the Island shut. If they do open up then I’d rather get Covid in the UK as here they have very little experience here of how to treat it. Getting Covid free was easy really . Small unimportant Islands have all managed that because it was easy. But do they have a plan B ? My guess is they don’t. 

• Like 1

The first of Aurigny's flights arrives tomorrow, and in true airport mismanagement style, the road in front of the terminal is currently closed! Rain is forecast tomorrow. Looks like the passengers are going to get wet! Welcome to Ronaldsway!  

21 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I very much doubt people from Guernsey will travel to the Isle of Man. For those thinking of having a break in Guernsey don’t bother , it’s duller than the Isle of Man.

Oh ye of little faith. Flights all sold out.

• Like 1

We went down Dhoon glen at the weekend for the first time, unbelievably, only to discover the beauty of the place. Not an easy walk back, but the waterfall and the rest of the Glen was absolutely fantastic. Then reaching the  beach we were totally agog at its stunning scenery and rock formations. While we have places like this here ( and there are dozens more), why would anyone want to go to Guernsey?
This has opened my eyes even more to the beauty of our island and just reinforces why I stay here.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Well, we’ve got City, Liverpool and Manchester, every day bar Saturday. Nearly 200 seats each way every day. What do you think demand is?

Do we need business tunnels?

I’m wondering if we should just get on with some stuff? I’d really like to see this unprecedented wave of people wanting to move to the IOM over to have a look at houses. I reckon I could have a stab ata minimal contact plan....

arrive in own car on boat or hire from airport.

designated hotel. All meals etc to be taken there.

Mask worn all the time. 

Drive to houses to view directly. Meet agent for socially distanced viewing wearing. PPE.

max  3 day visit.

I need to declare a vested interest insofar as I want to sell my house, but I’d imagine the agents are desperate to stimulate the market.

3 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I’d really like to see this unprecedented wave of people wanting to move to the IOM over to have a look at houses.

Just prise open the top of Howard Quayle’s head (you may need to oil the hinges) and have a peep into his imagination. It won’t take you long as there isn’t much there. However, that’s where you’ll find the tsunami of aspirant residents all lined up with their cheque books and suitcases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1