Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I'm a bit young for all this but what year did crime start exactly? From what I can gather it was round about the early 70's

My dress-sense was certainly a crime against taste from about ‘70 onwards so you’re on to something.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got notification that October flights to Bristol & return are cancelled, looks like this may be another route going the way of the London City one.

fairly soon we will be left with Loganair to Liverpool & Manchester plus steam packet all subsidized by tax payers. If borde restrictions aren't eased soon we will have to start own airline at great expense as no airlines will bother flying here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just got notification that October flights to Bristol & return are cancelled, looks like this may be another route going the way of the London City one.

fairly soon we will be left with Loganair to Liverpool & Manchester plus steam packet all subsidized by tax payers. If borde restrictions aren't eased soon we will have to start own airline at great expense as no airlines will bother flying here.

Except lcy is not stopping. 

Brs, like all ezy routes here are really only schedule fillers so always vulnerable to changes elsewhere, not always to do with your border obsession

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Brs, like all ezy flights here are only schedule fillers so always vulnerable to changes elsewhere, not always to do with your border obsession

Bristol flights have been going for some time & now cut,

LCY finishes 12/09 check the website!!

17 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Brs, like all ezy flights here are only schedule fillers so always vulnerable to changes elsewhere, not always to do with your border obsession

LCY is stopping, 12 September. Announced weeks ago. No other airline has stepped in.

Ive been booked on a mid December theatre and shopping weekend since January. BA haven’t confirmed cancellation. I phoned them as I wanted my money back. Yes it’s cancelled. No they wouldn’t refund me there and then. They’re working through in date order and will contact me in due course. I assume that’s to massage cash flow.

The nice lady said I was provisionally rerouted via Aer Lingus Regional to Dublin with a 6 hour stop over outbound and a 9 hour stop over return ( with a 06.30 departure on my return - which would mean getting up at 04.00 ). That’s just not acceptable. 

I notice, this week,  that Aer Arran/Aer Lingus Regional are no longer shown as  flying IoM DUB those dates. I was due in Dublin the week before the London trip, and now the only way of getting there is via EZY to Liverpool and then Ryanair. With an overnight.

25 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Gov are paying Loganair for LCY , MAN and LVP at the moment , basically buying all the seats. There s no plan B.

Has anyone FOId this shit to find out how much it’s costing to have air routes carrying an average of about 4 people each way right now?

13 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Has anyone FOId this shit to find out how much it’s costing to have air routes carrying an average of about 4 people each way right now?

It's a good question. Same with the Steam Packet - why on earth are both the Ben and Mannanan running?