Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Couldn’t we underwrite easyJet to keep Gatwick going as they already have slots so no rent?

Wish you’d think, before typing. What’s the likely cost of running a 180 seat jet with 17 passengers on board, at least 6 crew, compared to a 48-60 seat turboprop with 17 passengers and 3 crew.

Higher, or lower?

Will the cost of underwriting be higher, or lower?

Slot rental isn’t likely to be much. The owner isn’t using it, and want it to be used to avoid losing it. CF Flybe to LHR slot sitting for American.

Although my suspicions would be that IoMG would pay the higher price, come what may. Heathrow is one of their vanity aspirations.

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Wish you’d think, before typing. What’s the likely cost of running a 180 seat jet with 17 passengers on board, at least 6 crew, compared to a 48-60 seat turboprop with 17 passengers and 3 crew.

Higher, or lower?

Will the cost of underwriting be higher, or lower?

I'm not sure if they'll be doing it on the prop, based on previous discussions in this very thread. I'm pretty sure that'll switch to PTS.

But yes. Whilst I believe easyJet did participate, your point is spot on. Then again, the big guys like Ryanair and Jet2 are massively undercutting the likes of Loganair and Eastern in the charter market at the moment because they'd rather fly at cost and rotate crews through work to keep them current on the aircraft and also rotate through the aircraft themselves.

Its not as clean cut as you make out in the current environment.

Edited by jaymann

15 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Were asked and did bid.

Interesting. as I do not think they ever bid for the patient transfer

Of course we do not know the figures or likely ever will.

To me personally, if going to London it does not matter which of LCY,LGW or LHR we go to, all have their own advantages/disadvantages in getting into the centre. Schedule/reliabilty to me is more important

Clearly more and better connections out of LHR but you need codeshares to make that really useful. Connecting in LCY with the min 35 min connection time was really good but the destinations were pretty limited.

Edited by ellanvannin2010

10 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Interesting. as I do not think they ever bid for the patient transfer

Of course we do not know the figures or likely ever will.

To me personally, if going to London it does not matter which of LCY,LGW or LHR we go to, all have their own advantages/disadvantages in getting into the centre. Schedule/reliabilty to me is more important

Clearly more and better connections out of LHR but you need codeshares to make that really useful. Connecting in LCY with the min 35 min connection time was really good but the destinations were pretty limited.

They aren’t interested as it doesn’t fit in with their quick turn round model, 15 patients, 6 needing ambulift, means you miss your 20 minute turnaround target 100% of the time. And the old ambulift was very, very, unreliable.

Anyway it’s LHR is only until March. Initially.

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They aren’t interested as it doesn’t fit in with their quick turn round model, 15 patients, 6 needing ambulift, means you miss your 20 minute turnaround target 100% of the time. And the old ambulift was very, very, unreliable.

Anyway it’s LHR is only until March. Initially.

Spot on ref PTS.

The Heathrow contract has no real ending. It’s just until such time the borders allow commercial operations to resume...

17 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Spot on ref PTS.

The Heathrow contract has no real ending. It’s just until such time the borders allow commercial operations to resume...

Or until the slot owner wants it back because they are resuming services elsewhere. Not sure which will come first.

10 minutes ago, snowman said:

As i indicated last wednesady.

LHR is hppening...

It's now available to book in the app

Website soon

As you indicated based on wrong news articles?

great news it’s all sorted none the less! I believe the slots have been provided by BA.

Edited by NoTailT