Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

Its great news that Loganair will  be flying into Heathrow and it appears it will be the jet lets hope this can continue and become a permanent route an evening rotation would also be great when the border eventually opens. I think the Manx Government and Loganair should be congratulated for making this happen. 

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Nothing London and just tried to look at on BA.com if it'd let me book anything from IOM. Alas not.

Im not too convinced BA will want to work with Loganair on this route to be honest given other things that may be going on.

There are LHR-IOM seats for sale now on the Loganair website.  Why would they be available on ba.com?

15 minutes ago, IOM said:

Its great news that Loganair will  be flying into Heathrow and it appears it will be the jet lets hope this can continue and become a permanent route an evening rotation would also be great when the border eventually opens. I think the Manx Government and Loganair should be congratulated for making this happen. 

They’re making it happen with our taxes so I’m congratulating us.

• Haha 1

London City used to operate at 80% capacity and that was when it was operating three times a day . If London Heathrow has two rotations a day it should be able to keep going especially given Heathrow has far better connectivity . Let’s hope so as it’s excellent news for the island . 

14 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

There are LHR-IOM seats for sale now on the Loganair website.  Why would they be available on ba.com?

Because the article quoted states BA as a partner at certain airports where you can book through flights involving a BA flights and a Loganair flight on BA.com

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Because the article quoted states BA as a partner at certain airports where you can book through flights involving a BA flights and a Loganair flight on BA.com

But Logan air app specifically doesn’t list LHR for that facility ( perhaps because they didn’t fly there until now?)

16 hours ago, Uhtred said:

They’re making it happen with our taxes so I’m congratulating us.

Well that maybe the case but at least Loganair have made the effort to try and serve the island. I fully recognise that there has been some government incentive but in these unprecedented times I think that is necessary to serve the island and keep it connected. Its been remarkable the number of 'low cost' Easy Jet fights I have seen on the island since March which shows how committed they are to the Isle of Man! And I say 'low cost' as they were the airline who remember back in March were charging over £600 return fares to Liverpool!  

1 minute ago, IOM said:

Well that maybe the case but at least Loganair have made the effort to try and serve the island. I fully recognise that there has been some government incentive but in these unprecedented times I think that is necessary to serve the island and keep it connected. Its been remarkable the number of 'low cost' Easy Jet fights I have seen on the island since March which shows how committed they are to the Isle of Man! And I say 'low cost' as they were the airline who remember back in March were charging over £600 return fares to Liverpool!  

Yawn.

21 minutes ago, IOM said:

They haven’t made any effort , the tax payer is underwriting the full costs of all flights as Baker stated yesterday.

So Logan Air are keeping plane & crew operating at our expense!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IOM said:

Underwriting is the principle of ensuring the airline meet the minimum costs of operating if you listened Baker said they were sharing the benefits so Loganair are doing something! And how many Easy jets have you seen?

easyjet is too big.

Eastern, Stobart and Aurigny all offered to serve London too, but the Loganair fanclub down at the airport shoed them in.

• Sad 1