Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

1 hour ago, IOM said:

Underwriting is the principle of ensuring the airline meet the minimum costs of operating if you listened Baker said they were sharing the benefits so Loganair are doing something! And how many Easy jets have you seen?

It’s a massive subsidy at absolutely no risk to Logan air

On 11/20/2020 at 6:30 PM, NoTailT said:

Spot on ref PTS.

The Heathrow contract has no real ending. It’s just until such time the borders allow commercial operations to resume...

I see the underwriting is only until end March, as I said.

Clearly there’ll be a review nearer the time. Can’t imagine it’ll continue if EZY return.

27 minutes ago, IOM said:

So leave the Isle of Man with no air connections then ? Or see what EasyJet come up with I know what will happen there ! 

That’s not what anyone is saying, I was pointing out that Loganair are not doing routes as they like Isle of Man it’s because they are getting loadsamoney!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Nothing London and just tried to look at on BA.com if it'd let me book anything from IOM. Alas not.

Im not too convinced BA will want to work with Loganair on this route to be honest given other things that may be going on.

You can book a through ticket on Emirates via LHR. Via Manchester, too.

Edited by tetchtyke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

That’s not what anyone is saying, I was pointing out that Loganair are not doing routes as they like Isle of Man it’s because they are getting loadsamoney!!

So which airline does ‘like’ the Isle of Man ? 

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Mr Quine soon became a Gov mouthpiece didn't he?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/heathrow-route-confident-statement-for-future-of-island/

Personally I don't see a situation where we have to underwrite routes as a confident statement in the Island, but oh well.

Yes, I too was concerned at the speed of assimilation into the Borg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Mr Quine soon became a Gov mouthpiece didn't he?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/heathrow-route-confident-statement-for-future-of-island/

Personally I don't see a situation where we have to underwrite routes as a confident statement in the Island, but oh well.

It's Captain Quine to you, I'll have you know.  Though to be fair, about the only policy he seemed to be promoting during the by-election was "Spend more money on airlines".  So he's consistent.

Arriving at some sort of agreement with a trusted operator was the sensible solution I would like to hear any form of alternative credible plan . Anyone who needs to go across for hospital treatment will I am sure be grateful ! And bear in mind Aurigny have posted losses of nearly £10m to ensure they as an island have connectivity . I doubt the underwriting costs will be anything like that . 

29 minutes ago, IOM said:

Arriving at some sort of agreement with a trusted operator was the sensible solution I would like to hear any form of alternative credible plan . Anyone who needs to go across for hospital treatment will I am sure be grateful ! And bear in mind Aurigny have posted losses of nearly £10m to ensure they as an island have connectivity . I doubt the underwriting costs will be anything like that . 

We don’t know what the PT contract is. LHR has no relevance to patients. 

Aurigny are expected to lose £24million this year. Just had a cash flow loan of £57m.

By end next year cumulative losses will be around £80m