Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, snowman said:

Ettyl Ltd., which agreed to acquire Esken's stakes in Stobart Air and the Carlisle Lake District Airport, no longer has the proposed financing for the transaction.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/esken-buyer-of-its-stake-in-stobart-air-carlisle-lake-district-airport-seeking-alternate-financing-271622220395

There’s a surprise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

From another forum:

Looks like Loganair have scrapped there plans to base a all ATR72 fleet from July. All flights now showing as being operated by either a ATR42 or ER4. 

More cuts on IOM routes

Meanwhile 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/jet2-joy-latest-jersey-travel-20688166.amp

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

Perhaps someone has pointed out to Mr Scales that it's always been easy to make a small fortune in the airline business.

You just need to start off with a big one.

Perhaps he’ll read it here. I’m sure he’s been lurking. Was quite a prolific poster for a while. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Perhaps he’ll read it here. I’m sure he’s been lurking. Was quite a prolific poster for a while. 

I've just been speaking to someone about this issue. They suggested he has approached IOMG for £30 million to finance the deal with a view to ensuring we have Stobart aircraft based here. It's the first I have heard of it - but it would not surprise me if true.

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

I've just been speaking to someone about this issue. They suggested he has approached IOMG for £30 million to finance the deal with a view to ensuring we have Stobart aircraft based here. It's the first I have heard of it - but it would not surprise me if true.

Government are usually keen to get involved with dreamers and chancers !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There seems to be a rumour circulating about the airport and private enterprise. A lot of what, I am led to believe, are unnecessary and costly works are being undertaken, which wouldn't surprise me were a precursor to it being sold for a quid ! Another operation run appalling badly.

Edited by asitis
  • Like 1