Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

I hope that stobart air or someone else takes over if flybe leaves.. 

The initial connectivity with flybe has been a lifesaver for travel with codeshare arrangements that they have..

I can leave Dubai at 1430 and reach the IOM at 2100 hrs on the same day( on  Emirates codeshare) with luggage checked in all the way through to IOM.

21 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

The trouble is that Stobart Air was folded into the new Connect Airways when the consortium was set up a year ago.  Given the history of how it was set up, it wouldn't surprise if the assets all transferred elsewhere before any collapse, but there's a danger that it could fall with Flybe.

From the CityAM article I posted yesterday: 

Companies House filings show the airline has also effectively mortgaged assets such as its engines and buildings to Global Loans Agency Services (GLAS).

GLAS’ previous clients include Thomas Cook, Interserve and Carillion in the weeks before they went bust.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

It's all about slots.

Do they own any slots anywhere with any value?

Most of their slots at high price airports are the ring fenced public service ones.

Heathrow pairs can go for $75. Million. Gatwick for £2.5. Any others are giveaways.

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Do they own any slots anywhere with any value?

There was talk that the remedy slots ( from the BA takeover of BMI) they use at Heathrow will be able to be used for any short haul destination after the end of March, not just the very restricted destinations currently allowed. This would dramatically increase their value.

Mmmm..... 

On 1/28/2020 at 5:37 PM, ellanvannin2010 said:

There was talk that the remedy slots ( from the BA takeover of BMI) they use at Heathrow will be able to be used for any short haul destination after the end of March, not just the very restricted destinations currently allowed. This would dramatically increase their value.

But only with agreement with UKG, I think. 

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 11:38 AM, mad_manx said:

The initial connectivity with flybe has been a lifesaver for travel with codeshare arrangements that they have..

I can leave Dubai at 1430 and reach the IOM at 2100 hrs on the same day( on  Emirates codeshare) with luggage checked in all the way through to IOM.

Have wondered about that but never bothered to try it, too risky on the way out to chance Manx seat mist. I often get the 14:30 from Dubai back but book an overnight stay back in case I miss the connection. Off again in a few weeks, I'll have a look at the return.  

I presume if the plane is delayed from Dubai for whatever reason they are obliged to put you up until the next day?

Edited by Lxxx

10 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Have wondered about that but never bothered to try it. I often get the 14:30 from Dubai but book an overnight stay back in case I miss the connection. Off again in a few weeks, I'll have a look at it.  

I presume if the plane is delayed from Dubai for whatever reason they are obliged to put you up until the next day?

Wouldn’t you have to collect bags and go through immigration and custom s when you arrive in UK?.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Wouldn’t you have to collect bags and go through immigration and custom s when you arrive in UK?.

I'm presuming so but I've never taken a codeshare flight like that so I don't know how slick it works. Hoping our friend above will explain the practicalities.