Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

33 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

ETA: I see Delta have applied to FAA permission for a codeshare agreement with FlyBe. If they have the time and inclination for that then they have the dosh to keep FlyBe in the air.

Delta wants one thing from flybe. They'll be desperately trying to figure out a way to get them while looking like they did everything the could to save flybe.

12 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

Airlines don't "apply to operate" anything on the Isle of Man. Open Skies sees to that! 

Interesting to see the BBC report how critical Flybe going bust would be to their outlying routes like Jersey, and Exeter, and Aberdeen. No mention of the IOM. Do we even have a tourist board? Nobody even seems to know any route to here is in operation. 

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So Branson has a share in Flybe ? Is that right ?   Why does he not chuck some cash at it.   He has certainly chosen the wrong time to invest in that huge liner he has just launched it got refused a berth in New York because of the viral scare.

Flybe is gone. A wise businessman knows when to cut his losses. Shame, I flew many times to the IOM with FlyBe, never let me down.

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So Branson has a share in Flybe ? Is that right ?   Why does he not chuck some cash at it.   He has certainly chosen the wrong time to invest in that huge liner he has just launched it got refused a berth in New York because of the viral scare.

Have you been asleep? Connect is a joint venture, 30% Virgin, 30% Stobart and 40% Cyrus Venture capitalists.

30 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Interesting to see the BBC report how critical Flybe going bust would be to their outlying routes like Jersey, and Exeter, and Aberdeen. No mention of the IOM. Do we even have a tourist board? Nobody even seems to know any route to here is in operation. 

Those are all airports with bases. We don’t have a base here anymore

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

ETA: I see Delta have applied to FAA permission for a codeshare agreement with FlyBe. If they have the time and inclination for that then they have the dosh to keep FlyBe in the air.

But don’t Delta own 40% of Virgin, which owns 30% of connect. Makes sense for through ticketing from/to regional airports.