Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

Last FlyBe flight due to touch down is an Edinburgh to Heathrow flight currently in the air and scheduled to land at 22:47. So that’ll be it.

10 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Well FlyBe's situation started with a disastrous MD some years ago. I can't remember her name but she crippled the company.

Wasn't Reynolds, was it.....? :lol:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

If as GD4ELI's previous post, Flybe do 50% of IoM flights (am I reading that right?) then it's going to make a hole in the passenger numbers business case for a while anyway?

It's only about 40% of passenger numbers (rather than number of flights) but it's still a big hole.

Edited to add:  More generally Flybe was responsible for 5.4% of all passenger departures in the UK in 2018, but 26.9% of all domestic flights

Edited by Roger Mexico

I can’t understand why they can’t be profitable. Can’t they just scrap the routes where the average plane has more crew than passengers, and continue those (eg IOM-LPL at 7:00am) where they’re full?

I recently flew from here to Milan via Manchester, and the IOM-MAN leg was £450 compared with £250 for MAN-MXP with Ryan. I don’t hear about them going bust so why Flybe?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Look up debit card chargeback, may help though not sure

If you paid by credit card for flights costing more than £100 you will be covered under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, meaning your card company will refund your money.

If your flight cost less than £100 you may have protection under the chargeback scheme.

Please speak to your debit/credit card provider if you require more details about Section 75 and chargeback.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I can’t understand why they can’t be profitable. Can’t they just scrap the routes where the average plane has more crew than passengers, and continue those (eg IOM-LPL at 7:00am) where they’re full?

I recently flew from here to Milan via Manchester, and the IOM-MAN leg was £450 compared with £250 for MAN-MXP with Ryan. I don’t hear about them going bust so why Flybe?

How does the saying go, isn't it "If you want to make a small fortune in aviation, start with a large one"?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wrighty said:

are you terry liddiard ?