Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

3 hours ago, asitis said:

Be an interesting TV series Jeremy Spake runs an airport with no aircraft, probably on a par with the Prison one already!

As far as I can tell from the odd tweet, Spake's series consists of him going round the world looking at planes, rather than staying at home looking after the Airport.  If it had been set at Ronaldsway we'd probably conclude that we'd be better off putting Goldie in charge.  At least the windows would be clean.

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Grrr, it's always the French! I blame the EU.

Oddly enough you appear to discovered the UK Gov's strategy.  But why should they change the habit of the last 50 years.

Edited to add: What's actually interesting is just how little immediate response there has been from Boris and his chums.  They don't seem very good in a crisis - even one foreseeable as this one.

Edited by Roger Mexico

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Well to be fair FlyBe had said only a day or two ago that they had enough money to last until the end of March.

Well that ok then.

Nothing from the Isle of Man Chamber of Commerce either, they must be to busy with making these 140 decisions as new agencies members to bother

about real issues.

Edited by Holte End
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As far as I can tell from the odd tweet, Spake's series consists of him going round the world looking at planes, rather than staying at home looking after the Airport.  If it had been set at Ronaldsway we'd probably conclude that we'd be better off putting Goldie in charge.  At least the windows would be clean.

Oddly enough you appear to discovered the UK Gov's strategy.  But why should they change the habit of the last 50 years.

Edited to add: What's actually interesting is just how little immediate response there has been from Boris and his chums.  They don't seem very good in a crisis - even one foreseeable as this one.

The UK government have a comparatively much more important matter on its hands right now.

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I see the patient transfer contingency plan is book it yourself and send us the receipt. 

Capacity is going to be rapidly swallowed up here. Virtually every airline is trimming routes to ride out coronavirus. I can’t see them rallying to Anne Reynold’s call without some guaranteed underwriting.

thoughts?

Edited by Derek Flint

17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I see the patient transfer contingency plan is book it yourself and send us the receipt. 

And don't travel to the airport if you were due to fly Flybe.

Ms Reynolds now in talks with other operators. Should that not have been on the stocks a bit sooner, given the obvious worries over Flybe in recent months?

• Thanks 1

Well done to the Isle of Man Bank, I have just had a text saying if I had paid for a journey with my debit or credit card to go onto their website and they would assist me in making a claim.   Now that is what I call a service :rolleyes:   We’ll done.I am referring to Flybe bookings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

And don't travel to the airport if you were due to fly Flybe.

Ms Reynolds now in talks with other operators. Should that not have been on the stocks a bit sooner, given the obvious worries over Flybe in recent months?

Surely the CM should be making the running in this? The buck stops with him.

8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Capacity is going to be rapidly swallowed up here. Virtually every airline is trimming routes to ride out coronavirus. I can’t see them rallying to Anne Reynold’s call without some guaranteed underwriting.

thoughts?

You'd have thought the patient transfer flight itself would be quite tempting for airlines, whenever I've been on it there have been about 40 or so going for the taxis. So that's like half the plane full price tickets booked every day, pretty much guaranteed. Those hard headed negotiators in our government could try and use it as a bargaining chip.