Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

16 minutes ago, sir nige said:

ESU6l5pWoAAVkf0.jpeg.cd7fd95ac1695ce71af81404cf667990.jpeg

:whistling:

As I explained in an early comment, those are the percentages of flights, not the percentages of passengers.  easyJet has bigger planes and so carries more people on a smaller number of flights.

I actually gave the number of Flybe passengers and total number of passengers in 2019 in the footnote - would you like an explanation about how to do division?

Don't feel bad about it.  Manx Radio made exactly the same mistake.  I just expect higher standards on Manx Forums.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Add link.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, asitis said:

Those sort of figures are what we subsidise the airport for in any case, just to run !

Don't Apd taxes actually cover most of the operating costs?, but weirdly apd is not classified in the government accounts as airport income, hence looks like it runs at massive losses. 

4 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Don't Apd taxes actually cover most of the operating costs?, but weirdly apd is not classified in the government accounts as airport income, hence looks like it runs at massive losses. 

Where is the Apd cash now ?

5 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

It may do - though we don't know for the Island because the accounts are so inaccurate and amateurish.  But APD was always supposed to be a Green tax designed to discourage flying or pay for alternative measures, so using it to subsidise flying is pointless, like using alcohol duty to subsidise H&B.

https://www.ettyl.im/

Ettyl - to fly, direct to the Isle of Man

Update - 5th March 2020

Ettyl had been due to launch later this year to provide affordable direct flights to the Isle of Man for major events such as the Isle of Man TT and to summer destinations for those that live on the Island.

Scam or saviour?

Edited by TheTeapot

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

As I explained in an early comment, those are the percentages of flights, not the percentages of passengers.  easyJet has bigger planes and so carries more people on a smaller number of flights.

I actually gave the number of Flybe passengers and total number of passengers in 2019 in the footnote - would you like an explanation about how to do division?

Don't feel bad about it.  Manx Radio made exactly the same mistake.  I just expect higher standards on Manx Forums.

i wasn't disagreeing with you just pointing out the number of flights.....

:whistling:

8 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Well, surely a prudent airport, given the known difficulties of Flybe, would have insisting that all landing fees were paid prior to the aircraft taking off again?

Undoubtedly. Lessons WERE learnt last time. Weren't they?

In other news Loganair are picking up some of the slack https://www.loganair.co.uk/our-story/latest-news/2020/loganair-steps-in-to-safeguard-uk-air-routes-after-flybe-collapse

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

They only seem to care about Jersey though. Nobody gives a shit about here .

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/03/05/loganair-to-take-over-two-jersey-routes/

• Like 1

"Lessons were Learnt". "Credit" as regards landing fees was extended to Euromanx by the Brown administration.

We're 12 years on from that. Most of those in Govt. can't remember or admit to what they did yesterday.

4 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Yes, easyjet fares are great - if you want to pitch up at Gatwick at 2200 or Bristol at 2140 on a Friday evening - etc

The Island requires regular, timetabled services and not as-and-when-it-suits (the airline) schedule. There are some services that cannot be left to laissez-faire economics 

100% wrong. The island needs economically viable and sustainable services. easyJet is great.

If you need to be in London for an important early morning meeting - or if you've got a connecting flight to make - then fly down the day before. And if you are in the sort of old-fashioned business where you need a regular face-to-face then the IOM is probably the wrong place to be based anyhow. Nobody should be jetting around for meetings these days anyhow.

• Like 1