Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

37 minutes ago, finlo said:

This, three rotations per day until thecdust settles.

That's a week til it's bust and in for repair then. And 30,000 tonnes of fuel used :lol:

Open Skies in action. We will get the services that our economy, numbers and status warrant, in the view of our free market, capital market suppliers.

Easyjet come up trumps this time have they Ann?

Swim with sharks and expect to be bitten.

• Thanks 1

Not looking good for the island, as the Flybe Pension was based here, meaning Flybe pension payers aren’t covered by the UK Pensions Regulaters.

https://www.pensionsage.com/pa/Flybe-pension-scheme-members-not-entitled-to-PPF-protection.php

This news has been extensive in the Guardian, I can see either very negative headlines about the island, resulting in HRH the chief Minister, desperate for some positive headlines,. Agreeing to pay Flybe pension fund 

14 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Not looking good for the island, as the Flybe Pension was based here, meaning Flybe pension payers aren’t covered by the UK Pensions Regulaters.

https://www.pensionsage.com/pa/Flybe-pension-scheme-members-not-entitled-to-PPF-protection.php

This news has been extensive in the Guardian, I can see either very negative headlines about the island, resulting in HRH the chief Minister, desperate for some positive headlines,. Agreeing to pay Flybe pension fund 

We can't pay our own f**king pensions liability without dumping on non-recipients.

I can see the moral point of view but whose idea was it to promote such structures and lack of governance on IoM in the first instance?

On that subject, "Superbike" magazine online now has allegations that the increasingly discredited owner of Norton Motorcycles, Stuart Garner has used IoM structures in his financial shenanigans that look to have cost a lot of blissfully innocent people a lot of money.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo

3 minutes ago, snowman said:

According to a twitterer

Isle of Man flights to Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester will resume from early next week. Likely airlines to operate the routes are Eastern Airways, easyJet and Loganair

Bearing in mind that all the noises coming out of Govt. have talked about discussions with two airlines, that sounds like typical Twitter bullshit........

Edited by Nellie

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Typical Guardian hate piece against the Island. Non-story. 

3 hours ago, pongo said:

Personally I'm not flying anywhere with a sub contractor or anything much smaller than Easyjet or BA. Not after the Dublin crash.

ETA: unless I know the pilot over many years :)

Manx2/Citywing, I would totally agree with your sentiment. Didn't like their model at all. They were a ticket seller dressed up as an airline and I wasn't keen on what they hired in to do the flying. We are talking a completely different proposition with Stobart/Aer Lingus etc.