Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

3 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

If the proposed rescue plan involves Irish aircraft flying for an Irish carrier (Aer Lingus regional) then they will not be able to fly to the UK from the IOM without a trade deal between the UK and the EU.

The rescue plan (at least for patient transfer) has been sorted, and it doesn't involve any Irish metal. Unsure of the first day it will fly, but a deal is in place.

13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

When you have your own shipping line you can easily charter a boat. 

If you can find one that fits your Harbours. Clue. There aren’t any. ( where’s Barrie when you need him )

• Like 2

Charging ticket prices of £200 or more for a short 30 minute flight one way is absolutely profiteering and taking advantage some people will be paying as they have no choice or personal circumstances that mean its necessary to fly right away. Of course the demand is there after what has been a huge reduction in capacity. 

Incidentally I also think charging £22 for a fare is wrong too ( too low)  as that encourages the wrong behaviour.  If you look at for example London Gatwick to Jersey then the maximum price one way on Easyjet is £130 and I think that's fair. 

34 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What I don’t get is now that we own the SPC why part of the contingency planning couldn’t have been giving people free boat tickets to get them to Liverpool for treatment. It could have been a solution deployed in 15 minutes. 

The idea with patient transfers is to send people to be cured. Your plan puts 30 people per day on a boat that can’t sail in 3m+ waves to be shaken around in an aluminum can on the Irish Sea in winter. Presumably hearses at each end. Can you imagine the cost in crew and fuel.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

The idea with patient transfers is to send people to be cured. Your plan puts 30 people per day on a boat that can’t sail in 3m+ waves to be shaken around in an aluminum can on the Irish Sea in winter. Presumably hearses at each end. Can you imagine the cost in crew and fuel.

It’s better than the current contingency plan which is .......... fuck all. 

Loganair currently have one plane on the tarmac everyday doing nothing because they are currently varying the London City route between the ATR and the Saab. Surely one of those could be brought into use the plane is right there at Ronaldsway! 

1 minute ago, IOM said:

Loganair currently have one plane on the tarmac everyday doing nothing because they are currently varying the London City route between the ATR and the Saab. Surely one of those could be brought into use the plane is right there at Ronaldsway! 

Saab that is about to be binned off and is only there whilst they transition the London service.

Who will crew it? Fairies?

Edited by snowman

Well its around until the end of the month its a contingency option that could be deployed right away. I would have thought there were plenty of crew looking for a job right now the poor guys who were working for Flybe would I am sure be happy to help I don't think they will be fairies!!!!!!!!!!!! With a little bit of careful planning and rostering am sure it could be achieved.