Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

31 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

I see the airport opened later than usual yesterday because of the lack of flights. All well and good if the staff were on less wages, but they basically just got a free lie in! 

"Please we wish"?  What sort of English is that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, b4mbi said:

It's a cash cow. In 2018, Page 9 here on a turnover of c. £59m it made £18.2m cash inflow from operating activities. (£19.5m in 2017)

How many people have enough money to buy a house outright? Most people borrow the funds (mortgage the property) against their future earnings from employment.

It's the same with a company and a ship. Massive capital investment upfront with affordable debt financing funded by future earnings from freight and passenger fares.  You can repay a lot of debt with a cash inflow of £18m p.a. … i.e. it's sustainable.

£150m at 5% -> £7.5m interest and £10m p.a. capital repayment?? (in practise the Govt report on refinancing options, they expect a coupon rate between 2 & 2,5% via private placement)

Could have it paid back in 15 years.

I’m sure that’s exactly what Mac Quarrie and Espirito thought as they loaded previous incarnations of the SPC up with debt too. We’ll get it back in a few years. This is a cash cow. But it didn’t end well did it? 

11 minutes ago, asitis said:

Don't know about that my friend is an engineering inspector for logan in the UK he sent it to me.

And no, I can't see anything on Eastern in trouble - they're constantly in and out of trouble, but no new news there :P

Edited by Manxberry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, b4mbi said:

It's a cash cow. In 2018, Page 9 here on a turnover of c. £59m it made £18.2m cash inflow from operating activities. (£19.5m in 2017)

How many people have enough money to buy a house outright? Most people borrow the funds (mortgage the property) against their future earnings from employment.

It's the same with a company and a ship. Massive capital investment upfront with affordable debt financing funded by future earnings from freight and passenger fares.  You can repay a lot of debt with a cash inflow of £18m p.a. … i.e. it's sustainable.

£150m at 5% -> £7.5m interest and £10m p.a. capital repayment?? (in practise the Govt report on refinancing options, they expect a coupon rate between 2 & 2,5% via private placement)

Could have it paid back in 15 years.

whats it making now?

and the old owners said spending would be £170m between 2020-2026.....

31 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

I reckon that would have gone down so much better with the troops and had a better chance of achieving the desired effect had Mr Jolly mentioned the 20% pay cut he is presumably taking to assist the company in hard times, but perhaps he is too modest.

• Like 1