Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He's had to step it up cos his moronic mate has done one.

Not sure he has, but I would not blame him if he has left.

The quality of posting on here is way below what it has been for many years. The puppet thing is just beyond belief.

The schoolyard bullying is so bad now that many posters are scared to post what they want for fear of being ridiculed or abused.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The quality of posting on here is way below what it has been for many years. The puppet thing is just beyond belief.

The schoolyard bullying is so bad now that many posters are scared to post what they want for fear of being ridiculed or abused.

You don’t help, dilli.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:
9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You don’t help, dilli.

Really ?

Look a bit deeper John.

Edit to add that you were very quick to ban or suspend posters, without looking to the background.

Same now.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Really ?

Look a bit deeper John.

Edit to add that you were very quick to ban or suspend posters, without looking to the background.

Same now.

I see TSOS laughed at that post.

Maybe if I can locate all my old PMs I can show you in a different light  eh ? 

See how many laughing emoji thingys you post

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Well then post something interesting instead of commenting on others.

Oh the irony. Commenting on others? Let's see now...

Manxy should be, amongst other base insults, sectioned; paul's got right is a paranoid and deluded moron who needs to get a life; LC is, bizarrely, some old hag who doesn't get enough, along with other brazen outbursts of obvious misogyny. And that's just tonight's fayre! Only a few posts ago you were suggesting "many posters were too scared to post what they wanted for fear of being abused or ridiculed!" Lol! Once again you've entered a thread, displaying scant knowledge of the subject matter, not to add to, only detract from it. And when you're pulled-up on occasion you compound the situation by doubling-down on the insults.

Don’t you see..? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Oh the irony. Commenting on others? Let's see now...

Manxy should be, amongst other base insults, sectioned; paul's got right is a paranoid and deluded moron who needs to get a life; LC is, bizarrely, some old hag who doesn't get enough, along with other brazen outbursts of obvious misogyny. And that's just tonight's fayre! Only a few posts ago you were suggesting "many posters were too scared to post what they wanted for fear of being abused or ridiculed!" Lol! Once again you've entered a thread, displaying scant knowledge of the subject matter, not to add to, only detract from it. And when you're pulled-up on occasion you compound the situation by doubling-down on the insults.

Don’t you see..? 

and once again you have posted about a fellow poster instead of posting an opinion about the threads subject.

what was it I said about schoolyard bullies ?

I don't know much ( anything really) about the airline business but i believe the value lies in the "slots" that an airline has for take off and landing. I would also imagine that the key IOM routes to UK particularly the Liverpool slots which usually fill a plane must be worth having by some airline.

Edited by The Duck of Atholl

31 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I don't know much ( anything really) about the airline business but i believe the value lies in the "slots" that an airline has for take off and landing. I would also imagine that the key IOM routes to UK particularly the Liverpool slots which usually fill a plane must be worth having by some airline.

Given where they fly to, and how busy most of the airports aren’t, slots on most flybe routes have no value whatsoever. It’s only when an airport is at full capacity, or if the slots are at otherwise full peak times that they have any value. Liverpool isn’t full, any time, any day.

The value, if any, lies in ongoing business, goodwill, cash, being sole operator on the routes they fly, seat occupancy rates, hours in air as opposed to on ground per plane less debt and takes into account any anticipated changes, increased fuel cost, seasonal downturns, new aircraft costs in pipeline. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Given where they fly to, and how busy most of the airports aren’t, slots on most flybe routes have no value whatsoever. It’s only when an airport is at full capacity, or if the slots are at otherwise full peak times that they have any value. Liverpool isn’t full, any time, any day.

The value, if any, lies in ongoing business, goodwill, cash, being sole operator on the routes they fly, seat occupancy rates, hours in air as opposed to on ground per plane less debt and takes into account any anticipated changes, increased fuel cost, seasonal downturns, new aircraft costs in pipeline. 

I find it surprising that FlyBe (Stobart) operate 5 returns to Manchester each day (not sure about weekends). There simply can’t be sufficient bums on seats to merit that many flights. As for Liverpool, EasyJet must be hoovering up that demand, with the capacity of the 319 and the rock bottom fares. The BA-Logan Air LCY service seems to tick over but is never full in my experience, so whether or not that makes money I couldn’t say. As for FlyBe (Stobart) Birmingham, in my experience that’s also always more than half full, but rarely if ever full. I never travel on the Scottish routes or to Dublin. All in all, apart from the invariably 100% full EasyJet services, I don’t think our routes are likely to be big earners.

Manx, when set up, was the ideal operating business plan to serve the Island. All routes one monopoly operator with IoM as hub, engineering all based here. Lowering overhead costs.

They also chose their planes carefully so that they matched seats to route capacity per day, the 360’s flying 6 full returns, whereas that’s  a single 320 rotation.

How that would work today competing with budgets, I’m not sure.

Aurigny, owned by States of Guernsey is losing them £4-5 million a year and isn’t reliable. They now want £100 million to get new planes.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1