Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

55 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Bus Vannin will probably sneakily buy a load of planes when no ones looking and then announce that they'll be taking over some routes.

As long as they aren’t bendy planes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Stobart are no longer operating the wet leases for flybe, nor under franchise from Southend. That all ended.

I’m not sure what any of that means John but when I flew IOM-MAN a couple of weeks back the boarding and cabin announcement was “Operated by Stobart Air on behalf of FlyBe” and Stobart name and logo were on the fuselage adjacent to the steps into the aircraft. 

• Like 1

Aurigny, owned by States of Guernsey is losing them £4-5 million a year and isn’t reliable. They now want £100 million to get new planes.

Be careful what you wish for.

This is absolutely true - a Guernsey born friend of mine who retired back to that Island about 8 or 9 years ago waxes lyrically - and profanely - about what a useless, costly shambles Aurigny is.

Stobart are no longer operating the wet leases for flybe, nor under franchise from Southend. That all ended.

The Stobart acmi operation for Flybe in the IOM is still operating and it should be until March 31st  2019. The Stobart Flybe franchise at Southend is due to finiish in February 2020 I think

26 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

The Stobart acmi operation for Flybe in the IOM is still operating and it should be until March 31st  2019. The Stobart Flybe franchise at Southend is due to finiish in February 2020 I think

So I can book a Flybe flight for the new year with confidence?

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Thought both terminated when this winter timetable came in at end October. Haven’t flown since.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Thought both terminated when this winter timetable came in at end October. Haven’t flown since.

They are still flying, I think until March as stated. I'm not a fan of those French aircraft that Stobart use, too nervous feeling for my liking and the single rear door is a pain!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

They are still flying, I think until March as stated. I'm not a fan of those French aircraft that Stobart use, too nervous feeling for my liking and the single rear door is a pain!

If their electrics are as bad as those of their car's you wouldn't catch me on one!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The wheels seem too close together and the aircraft feels very skittish on the deck...especially immediately after landing.

13 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

The wheels seem too close together and the aircraft feels very skittish on the deck...especially immediately after landing.

The missus flew IOM -> MAN on Thurs. I was just checking the policies when she rang to say it had landed but went all over the place once the wheels were down.

It's a "feature" then....

3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Yes absolutely no problem book It through me I'll get it sorted. Just send me your bank details. Probably better to do it via pm though. There's some unscrupulous sorts on here, only a fool would trust them

Well, you would know.... :)