Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

3 hours ago, Nellie said:

That rumour has been doing the rounds for a while, and I've no idea of it is true.

However, you have to think, that if easyJet had done their evaluations, and had decided that it was 'something' they wanted to do, the DoI wouldn't have much leverage to back-up such 'advice'.

Or maybe they, and everyone else in the airline community, knew that Flybe was a busted flush so they reasoned they should just bide their time and wait to dictate their own terms when the shit hit the inevitable fan. 

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nellie said:

That rumour has been doing the rounds for a while, and I've no idea of it is true.

However, you have to think, that if easyJet had done their evaluations, and had decided that it was 'something' they wanted to do, the DoI wouldn't have much leverage to back-up such 'advice'.

Its 100% true

14 minutes ago, Nellie said:

crew rosters had IOM-MAN listed, but it was pulled at the last minute (about 4 months ago)

17 minutes ago, snowman said:

crew rosters had IOM-MAN listed, but it was pulled at the last minute (about 4 months ago)

If it was on their radar with Flybe for competition I'm sure it will be even more attractive with no competition at all.

• Like 1

Im in no doubt that the two airlines being discussed are easy and Loganair. Eastern don't have the capacity to expand at the moment.

Also heard on the 'vine today that this ettyl lot that popped up had made an offer to Gov last week to front the cost (no Gov funds) of reviving a reduced sched of air services through charter operators for the short term, but Tinpot turned it away to keep focus on a long term solution. Not sure how true, but wouldnt surprise me knowing our lot.

Just now, woolley said:

It's a running theme, actually. Think of some of the glorious great iron birds that the likes of Emerald brought us.

Please don't. I might actually need to have a weep. I thoroughly recall the drama over IOMG seizing that ATP I think it was?

9 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Please don't. I might actually need to have a weep. I thoroughly recall the drama over IOMG seizing that ATP I think it was?

Ah yes. The ATPs  came after they massively modernised.:)  HS 748s before that, I think. Used to love their tight turns approaching Speke and bouncy landings!

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Ah yes. The ATPs  came after they massively modernised.:)  HS 748s before that, I think. Used to love their tight turns approaching Speke and bouncy landings!

I'd rather keep this thread focussed on how badly IOMG are f'ing up on the air services front. BUT I miss the S360's !!

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I'd rather keep this thread focussed on how badly IOMG are f'ing up on the air services front. 

I'm not sure that there's much they can do in the current market apart from the temporary measure they've taken. I know what they shouldn't do!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woolley said:

I'm not sure that there's much they can do in the current market apart from the temporary measure they've taken. I know what they shouldn't do!

Not sure thats quite true! Im just not sure anyone dealing with this has the competency to negotiate with two airlines and make a decisive decision. My understanding right now is that theyre pushing to get more out of it for the IOM and thats the delay. We won't see any new services starting until at least the start of April, of that I am certain.