Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

41 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Looking ahead next week, impossible to do a day trip from IOM-LPL using Loganair. All the AM's off-Island sold out and all the PM's back to IOM sold out.

Well of course.  As I pointed out before, even a full 34-seater probably isn't enough to deal with just the patient transfers alone.  Last year Flybe did about 5,500 seats to Liverpool and Manchester a week.  Loganair are offering about 950 total a week at the moment.  Even with easyJet's spare capacity (and it may be that they are adding more) there's not the capacity at the moment.

So increasing capacity - even allowing for a drop due to COVID-19 should be a high priority.    Instead there just seems to be the usual comatose approach and vague hope that someone else will sort things out for them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well of course.  As I pointed out before, even a full 34-seater probably isn't enough to deal with just the patient transfers alone.  Last year Flybe did about 5,500 seats to Liverpool and Manchester a week.  Loganair are offering about 950 total a week at the moment.  Even with easyJet's spare capacity (and it may be that they are adding more) there's not the capacity at the moment.

So increasing capacity - even allowing for a drop due to COVID-19 should be a high priority.    Instead there just seems to be the usual comatose approach and vague hope that someone else will sort things out for them. 

But what is the realistic demand i wonder for e.g. MAN & BHX in the current climate?

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Looking ahead next week, impossible to do a day trip from IOM-LPL using Loganair. All the AM's off-Island sold out and all the PM's back to IOM sold out.

You see people are saying that IOMG are doing nothing about corona virus but I think quietly cutting the islands air routes off is maybe a shrewd move that they aren’t getting full credit for. It’s certainly going to help people self isolate as they will have no other option. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2