Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

11 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Let's hope they don't try too hard to compensate the pinch, with the Manx routes...?

5 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I would have thought that this will release capacity for them to better serve our essential travel requirements.

I was thinking more in terms of finances. Accountancy-think.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-51856142

Of course, if we had our own airline, we could set sensible fares, even if it was just fo Island residents like what they do in the Spanish Islands.

Bin Open Skies - run our own service. The expertise is here to do it too.

Who pays for the residents or large family discounts by Spanish Airlines. They are operating under open skies, they aren’t state owned.

Is it just like CalMac? A state subsidy?

We could have always done that. And of course with flybe we did it indirectly by paying £155 per single journey for patient transfers, maintaining higher flight frequency than otherwise justified or economic.

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Who pays for the residents or large family discounts by Spanish Airlines. They are operating under open skies, they aren’t state owned.

Is it just like CalMac? A state subsidy?

We could have always done that. And of course with flybe we did it indirectly by paying £155 per single journey for patient transfers, maintaining higher flight frequency than otherwise justified or economic.

The arrangement is between the Regional and National Governments - so I am assuming it is a state subsidy.

Some info here:

https://www.ryanair.com/me/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Making-a-reservation/What-is-a-Spanish-resident-discount

Those Islands can withstand open skies because of their traffic numbers, I don't believe we can.

50 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-51856142

Of course, if we had our own airline, we could set sensible fares, even if it was just fo Island residents like what they do in the Spanish Islands.

Bin Open Skies - run our own service. The expertise is here to do it too.

Change the record ffs.

• Like 1