Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

I see Easyjet are opening their largest ever expansion at Manchester airport this winter, adding five new aircraft. Might we be a convenient destination for a swift turnaround flight to avoid a plane being sat around waiting for it's next leg like they did with Gatwick? It'd be an opportune time with Flybe's problems.

9 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I see Easyjet are opening their largest ever expansion at Manchester airport this winter, adding five new aircraft. Might we be a convenient destination for a swift turnaround flight to avoid a plane being sat around waiting for it's next leg like they did with Gatwick? It'd be an opportune time with Flybe's problems.

I’d rather they didn’t do one Manchester rotation daily.

id rather more onward flights from Manchester and 5 feeder flights daily from here so there are good connections.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’d rather they didn’t do one Manchester rotation daily.

id rather more onward flights from Manchester and 5 feeder flights daily from here so there are good connections.

What we want is immaterial. If Easyjet think they'd get a decent load on one turnaround rotation flight a day from here offering £20 fares, which they would, then it'd be a no brainer and our open skies policy makes us a sitting duck for it.

• Like 1

We prostrate ourself to the market - the market will serve us according to its economics. It owes us nothing else.

In many ways we've been thoroughly spoilt in respect of the number of flights and destinations previously offered from IoM. Whilst we still want cheaper fares. We can't have it both ways. If we want cheap air travel then we have to take what the carriers find economically viable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, dilligaf said:

Ok thanks for nothing

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, dilligaf said:

I asked because I thought some of the clever people would know.

I should have known better

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, La Colombe said:

I think the problem is that you're just not that popular around here. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, dilligaf said:

You were not included in the "clever people"

You are in the "dog shit on your shoe" department.

Were you orphaned at a young age by any chance.?

Only ask because you are so very bitter about something deep rooted.

C'mon you all know this type of poster, the kind that get's sexually aroused by common insult. He needs sympathy, understandind, oh......and a very padded room.

La Colombe, that's the biggest understatement EVER!!

Are you a newspaper editor by any chance as you pick out the quotes that serve your agenda

I am sure I am not popular at all with the creeps and prima donnas, the egotistical and  the shallow souls that are so easily offended

The clubs in here are more like the Brownies than the Masons with their giggling and pointing.

As you say I may not be popular but I have a higher percentage of likes than you by a fair margin.

I am pretty sure you could have picked out posts from about a dozen or two posters to show your questionable support for LC/MTP/PL/ Isle of Man biker etc etc

You are pretty sad really.

I am obviously missing the gameplay here even though some have tried to explain it to me.

I 'was', reading a fairly balanced set of opinions on this particular subject, until your posts started to 'creep' in.

However, before I made any comment I thought I'd make sure this attitude of yours was only because you felt so strongly about this particular subject.

But no, your abrasive, cynical, unhelpful, and quite frankly ever so boring and repetitious statements pervade everything you choose to make comment on.

There really is no excuse for your puerile behaviour.

Sit somewhere quiet, and have a 'quiet' word with yourself.

• Like 1

Coincidentally, I am after neither  'likes' or 'dislikes'. I simply am able to accept the honest opinions of those who don't need to personally abuse those who might have the temerity to disagree.

You, on the other hand believe yourself to be the only one 'in-step' in all posts.

Edited by Sentience

17 minutes ago, Sentience said:

I 'was', reading a fairly balanced set of opinions on this particular subject, until your posts started to 'creep' in.

However, before I made any comment I thought I'd make sure this attitude of yours was only because you felt so strongly about this particular subject.

But no, your abrasive, cynical, unhelpful, and quite frankly ever so boring and repetitious statements pervade everything you choose to make comment on.

There really is no excuse for your puerile behaviour.

Sit somewhere quiet, and have a 'quiet' word with yourself.

7 minutes ago, Sentience said:

Coincidentally, I am after neither  'likes' or 'dislikes'. I simply am able to accept the honest opinions of those who don't need to personally abuse those who might have the temerity to disagree.

You, on the other hand believe yourself to be the only one 'in-step' in all posts.

You sound like an old teacher of mine from the 1960's.  ( and d I l l I g a f)

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You sound like an old teacher of mine from the 1960's.  ( and d I l l I g a f)

Yep....probably far too sensible for you to even reasonably understand. Shame you obviously took no notice of his/her teachings.

There is however hope for you. Pull your neck in before you post...anything.

Some maintain they find your posts 'entertaining'. If I were you, I'd see that sort of comment for what it really is, an out and out insult.

Edited by Sentience

1 minute ago, Sentience said:

Yep....probably far too sensible for you to even reasonably understand. Shame you obviously took no notice of his/her teachings.

There is however hope for you. Pull your neck in before you post...anything.

Some maintain they find your posts 'entertaining'. If I were you, I'd see that sort of comment as an out and out insult.

I don't recall ever being described as entertaining, either seriously or tongue in cheek.

6.270 have ticked like so I must have said something that was agreeable, before you became a volunteer mod or ref.