Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

49 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Loganair are just another bunch of Shysters, our government are just taking the path of least resistance in order to satisfy the demand for patient transfer flights. 

Meanwhile in other news, Travel Watch are urging the government to take SleazyJet to task for their profiteering.

EasyJet Tossers

You refer to Easyjet as Sleazyjet but in all honesty I have never had a problem with them, in my opinion they are fantastic. The only time there was an issue was when those slackers (French Air Control) went on strike (When are they not on strike?) which affected mine and thousands others' flights, I was refunded for my flights, my hotel costs and my hire car costs in full...they were brilliant. I only have the highest praise for Easyjet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

You refer to Easyjet as Sleazyjet but in all honesty I have never had a problem with them, in my opinion they are fantastic. The only time there was an issue was when those slackers (French Air Control) went on strike (When are they not on strike?) which affected mine and thousands others' flights, I was refunded for my flights, my hotel costs and my hire car costs in full...they were brilliant. I only have the highest praise for Easyjet.

I'd have agreed with you up until last week, my experiences since then have changed my opinion of them. There was better customer service at Auschwitz than at Liverpool airport's EZY gates too, as a side issue!

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

But it wasn't just a few Manx flights John, it was over almost their entire network where they shared similar destinations with FlyBe. A friend in the UK paid £600 to get an EZY one way flight from Paris to Manchester after the collapse and loss of her return ticket for example.

It’s just their algorithm however. Based on number of seats sold/unsold, proximity to travel date and demand ( seats sold in last 6/12/18/24 hours)

• Like 4

After this the airline market will have shrunk hugely. Only the biggest will survive, state-backed like Etihad and Qatar will fare better, and that's after huge amounts of job losses. There will be lots of bargains though the minute they announce normal service is resumed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Meanwhile in other news, Travel Watch are urging the government to take SleazyJet to task for their profiteering.

EasyJet Tossers

easyJet, are bigger, richer, smarter and much more agile than IOMG. There's no point in our government taking them on, in any shape or form. What's done, is done. 

Terry Liddiard made a big contribution to Manx aviation, but it's 2020, and he's yesterday's man, seeing everything through a 1990's prism.

We cannot afford to fall out with them, as they provide vital volume capacity to Liverpool and London. When all this virus stuff settles down, a very different aviation industry will emerge, and easyJet will still be a significant player. Taking them on, in an argument which IOMG can't possibly win, would be very foolhardy.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

There will be lots of bargains though the minute they announce normal service is resumed. 

I’m not so sure - one alternative possibility (especially on long haul routes) is that they whack the fares right up to take account of the lost revenue, perhaps expecting that there will be plenty of pent up demand for seats. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

I'd have agreed with you up until last week, my experiences since then have changed my opinion of them. There was better customer service at Auschwitz than at Liverpool airport's EZY gates too, as a side issue!

Max, I know of people who have sat at their PC for hours punching in their flight times , time and time again, only to realise that they are making their own flight dearer each time they try. We all have to keep up these days, as there is no room for fools.

Edited by dilligaf

10 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Max, I know of people who have sat at their PC for hours punching in their flight times , time and time again, only to realise that they are making their own flight dearer each time they try. We all have to keep up these days, as there is no room for fools.

I'm aware of that Dilli, I don't do daft things like that.

• Like 1

RIGHT, fuck it. Ive actually decided to part with my hard earned and book wtih this ettyl lot when they open tonight. Not to really go anywhere, just to fly on that beautiful BA dornier.

If they rock up (point 1) and it isn't in that livery I'm going to kick RIGHT off.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

RIGHT, fuck it. Ive actually decided to part with my hard earned and book wtih this ettyl lot when they open tonight. Not to really go anywhere, just to fly on that beautiful BA dornier.

If they rock up (point 1) and it isn't in that livery I'm going to kick RIGHT off.

Any luck?   When I looked 5 minutes ago there's no link to online reservations.. 

"Online reservations for flights will be available from 20:00 GMT on Sunday 15th March 2020,"

8 minutes ago, gerremonside said:

Any luck?   When I looked 5 minutes ago there's no link to online reservations.. 

"Online reservations for flights will be available from 20:00 GMT on Sunday 15th March 2020,"

They're making it up as they go. 

I probably shouldn't be so negative. 

I've a question though, did all that GDPR bollocks make whois stop working?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They're making it up as they go. 

I probably shouldn't be so negative. 

I've a question though, did all that GDPR bollocks make whois stop working?

Yeah I tried checking it and it says redacted due to EU GDPR regulations. BORING.

24 minutes ago, gerremonside said:

Not yet. Spoke to someone on live chat though, told it's definitely happening tonight.