Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

45 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Not yet. Spoke to someone on live chat though, told it's definitely happening tonight.

It's live now. Seats at £60 each on the date and flight I selected. Got through to the credit card process, before I aborted, so seems to be working.

1 minute ago, Nellie said:

It's live now. Seats at £60 each on the date and flight I selected. Got through to the credit card process, before I aborted, so seems to be working.

Im officially booked to either

1) Look like an ass at the airport on Thursday

2) Go to Liverpool for the day on Thursday

Im not excited about this ettyl lot or Liverpool for that matter... But you folk really dont understand how excited I am about flying on a Dornier again, esp in BA colours!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

But you folk really dont understand how excited I am about flying on a Dornier again, esp in BA colours!!!

Bucket list? With what we know now...compared to a month ago...I don't understand anyone travelling currently...unless they absolutely have to.

21 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

But you folk really dont understand how excited I am about flying on a Dornier again, esp in BA colours!!!

You'll be pissed off when you find yourself climbing the steps into a Dakota then....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Im officially booked to either

1) Look like an ass at the airport on Thursday

2) Go to Liverpool for the day on Thursday

Im not excited about this ettyl lot or Liverpool for that matter... But you folk really dont understand how excited I am about flying on a Dornier again, esp in BA colours!!!

The last time a Dornier flew over Liverpool docks things turned difficult very quickly, so be prepared.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nellie said:

easyJet, are bigger, richer, smarter and much more agile than IOMG. There's no point in our government taking them on, in any shape or form. What's done, is done. 

Terry Liddiard made a big contribution to Manx aviation, but it's 2020, and he's yesterday's man, seeing everything through a 1990's prism.

We cannot afford to fall out with them, as they provide vital volume capacity to Liverpool and London. When all this virus stuff settles down, a very different aviation industry will emerge, and easyJet will still be a significant player. Taking them on, in an argument which IOMG can't possibly win, would be very foolhardy.

Lets see shall we in the future. Its interesting to see that Easyjet are planning on grounding most of their flights as a result of the coronavirus nobody know what the aviation landscape will look like in 6- 12 months time. Ironically smaller regional players may fare better as its only local short distance flights that people might want. 

The idea that the IOMG should be held to ransom by Easyjet is ludicrous. Make no mistake if they could send an aeroplane to another location other than the Isle on Man which made them more money they absolutely would. The only reason they serve the island is its a filler at the beginning or end of a schedule nothing else. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

The IOM service is the weakest link, so that if anything goes wrong anywhere on their network, Easyjet cancels.

I think this whole episode ( corona virus and weather) is showing just how fragile the connections are between here and the UK. People who require the ability to get on and off the island reliably will be reflecting on whether they should continue to live here or not.