Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

38 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

The IOM service is the weakest link, so that if anything goes wrong anywhere on their network, Easyjet cancels.

29 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Indeed. Here today..... gone tomorrow.

But that isn’t all the fault of EasyJet. Much of the issue is down to the airport opening times, the weather and the approach systems for fog/low cloud.

as I understand it more than half of the cancellations of the late arrivals is because IoM can’t/won’t keep the airport open long enough to accommodate accumulated delays 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But that isn’t all the fault of EasyJet. Much of the issue is down to the airport opening times, the weather and the approach systems for fog/low cloud.

as I understand it more than half of the cancellations of the late arrivals is because IoM can’t/won’t keep the airport open long enough to accommodate accumulated delays 

Absolutely. If anything signifies what a joke our airport is it is this. 

• Like 4

As I've been saying repeatedly it's so much worse than a short rise in price. Anyone that says easyJet is profiteering just doesn't understand. 

All airlines are shutting down most of their international operations at this point. Ryanair, of all people, are planning to ground 80% of their fleet and say that a full grounding cannot be ruled out. TUI had less than 10 departures this morning across the UK (except rescue flights). SAS grounded all of theirs. easyJet put out the best statement so far, but basically they're saying "We all need lines of credit asap". 

Without international traffic, domestic demand will plummet and we'll see cuts there. The airlines (Blue Islands, Loganair and eastern) that hopped onto the routes that FlyBe left open are suddenly looking at cancelling flights already as they're realised that the opportunities have just dried up. I don't think many of you realise how bad it is for airlines right now across the world - this isn't just a British thing. 

On the optimistic side, once this is all over there will be a massive attempt to get people flying again and if you survive the corona, you'll be a position for some amazing deals. If you had any money or a job, which many of us will not...

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I'm not suggesting for one moment it's EZE fault..... I'm suggesting that as EZE has no real affiliation or operational connection to IOM (as in a hub) then we really shouldn't rely on them putting IOM at the top of their list of routes to maintain when things start to go a bit pear-shaped.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

But they will have known what the airport opening hours were when they drew up their schedule, If they choose to make the arrival and departure so close to the airport closing time and produce a schedule that they struggle to run to time then surely it is their fault.

They seem to manage to have the late rotation to  LGW in the winter (the main rotation that causes problems) an hour or so earlier and that seems to be much more reliable but seem totally unwilling to do so in the summer schedule.

Edited by ellanvannin2010

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm not suggesting for one moment it's EZE fault..... I'm suggesting that as EZE has no real affiliation or operational connection to IOM (as in a hub) then we really shouldn't rely on them putting IOM at the top of their list of routes to maintain when things start to go a bit pear-shaped.  

Eastern airways don't have any routes to rhe Isle of man....