Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

12 minutes ago, Frances said:

how are the hospital flights going to work if every patient + accompanying carer now has to go into quarantine for 14days on return.

We haven’t seen the regulations. just a press release.  

There will be exemptions from home self isolation for essential trips to hospital here and across.

Very few patients have traveling companions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There will be exemptions from home self isolation for essential trips to hospital here and across.

Very few patients have traveling companions.

Everyone I know is cancelling/postponing their hospital appointments asap - and of all the places to potentially catch it, a hospital is pretty high! So yeah, we'll see, heh. 

6 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

Everyone I know is cancelling/postponing their hospital appointments asap - and of all the places to potentially catch it, a hospital is pretty high! So yeah, we'll see, heh. 

Which is why I said essential.

I just had a notification that my flight to Gatwick on 2nd April is cancelled. Plenty of options to change to other flights on the same day, or either side, but shows that EZY are thinning out their schedule, and battening down the hatches. 

I was going to cancel anyway, so will now get the money back, without any hassle.

4 minutes ago, Frances said:

Interesting to see if the Peel Holdings helicopter operates - presumably users any private aircraft that touch down outside the Island are also 'grounded' for the 14days or does money buy exemption ?

did that even need asking,  of course it does.

3 hours ago, Frances said:

Interesting to see if the Peel Holdings helicopter operates - presumably users any private aircraft that touch down outside the Island are also 'grounded' for the 14days or does money buy exemption ?

Not sure what that sentence means tbh

16 hours ago, Frances said:

It will operate, every fortnight. 

Just seen this on FB. Im a bit sad for them to be honest. My refund turned up already back to my amex after I contacted them to cancel.

Bad timing for them. Ballsy, but terrible timing.

Update on Ettyl flights to/from the Isle of Man:

Ettyl - in partnership with SUN-AIR of Scandinavia A/S - had been due to commence a schedule of flights tomorrow 19th March 2020.

Following the Chief Minister's announcement on Monday evening, we acted quickly to reassure all customers that if they chose to cancel their flight in light of the announcement, that we would issue full refunds.

Following that announcement, it is not possible for the air carrier to position in the Isle of Man today as planned without risk of crews being required to self-isolate whilst staying on-Island for throughout the schedule. It is therefore with regret, that we must cancel all flights scheduled for the coming two weeks.

These are testing times and we are in the process of communicating with customers affected. In line with regulations, any customer still wishing to travel will be offered an alternative of being booked as a foot passenger on to the Isle of Man Steam Packet.

If you need to get in touch, you can contact us through Live Chat on the website or by emailing reservations@ettyl.im

Edited by NoTailT