Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

4 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

They also didn't have a bunch of other stuff set up, so the isolation bit is just another excuse. The people behind it will likely have lost a good amount on their deposit. That'll teach them...

what do they say about making £1m in the airline industry?

On 3/16/2020 at 7:51 PM, Frances said:

Interesting to see if the Peel Holdings helicopter operates - presumably users any private aircraft that touch down outside the Island are also 'grounded' for the 14days or does money buy exemption ?

Don't understand this point. Why would a helicopter be grounded? Are aeroplanes grounded after they touch down off Island?

10 hours ago, Manxberry said:

Yeah, they were already in shit - this will probably finish them unless they get a cash injection asap. Won't be the last

At the moment it’s Connect. Not Stobart Air. 

Id assume Irish Government might bail out Stobart Air Aer Lingus services.

When Stobart Air refinanced and did a sale and leaseback of its fleet Stobart Group gave guarantees. That may be the more serious knock on effect.

26 minutes ago, Hillside said:

What is the issue with LCY flights?

I had read that BA were suspending LCY ops until early April. But they're still taking bookings for tomorrow and next week, just looked on their site.

So suspect might be a Loganair/ATR problem?

4 hours ago, Karellen said:

I see that BA rostered one of their E170 jets on the route last night.   Wish we could have that permanently - the clapped out Loganair ATR is horrible. 

Clapped out and horrible may be our permanent fate after this lot shakes out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karellen said:

I see that BA rostered one of their E170 jets on the route last night.   Wish we could have that permanently - the clapped out Loganair ATR is horrible. 

Agree that that ATR42 in particular, and the entire model range frankly, are cheap, nasty, wobbly in the air and all round bargain basement kites, but I doubt that a E170/190 would be economic on the LCY route.