Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I think it is connected to Stobart guarantees of Stobart Air aircraft leases, which still remained with Stobart when Stobart air was folded into Connect.

So, get the planes back, and generating revenue, and the guarantees won’t be called on.

My recollection is that the guarantees are for much more than Is being paid for the buy back.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 4:07 PM, John Wright said:

I think it is connected to Stobart guarantees of Stobart Air aircraft leases, which still remained with Stobart when Stobart air was folded into Connect.

So, get the planes back, and generating revenue, and the guarantees won’t be called on.

My recollection is that the guarantees are for much more than Is being paid for the buy back.

Think I read guarantees were in the region of £25m. Could be wrong though.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish/stobart-air-planning-for-future-base-on-the-isle-of-man-39181134.html

AER Lingus Regional operator Stobart Air is considering adding a new base in the Isle of Man, but the Dublin-based carrier has been told by Aer Lingus that it won't support any such move, the Irish Independent understands.

That would leave struggling Stobart Air having to deploy a new, separate booking engine for the new services.

Stobart Air and its Stobart Group owner have tapped the Isle of Man government for support, it's believed.

1 hour ago, Major Rushen said:

Difficult situation when Loganair are still operating IOM Routes. Aer Lingus will only want at DUB-IOM-Dub rotation. Is the IOM Gov subsidising the current IOM-LPL, IOM-MAN and IOM-LHR routes during the ports closure?

Not necessarily. Logan air operate the London route for BA which owns Aer Lingus. The other routes were a stop gap after Flybe.

Who knows what, if any, subsidy is being paid, but Liverpool has always been paid an indirect subsidy by high fare high volume PT.

There’d be a lot of sense in an airline basing here and operating a hub spoke operation. Stobart need a booking/ticketing system, so they can’t tread on Aer Lingus toes. Possibly the liquidators will be selling on the Flybe/Connect system? Or they could use BA?

Something that covered  IoM DUB, LPL, MAN, BHD, BHX,  LCY and LGW could be interesting. Even doing some direct flights between Ireland and UK.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Golfer said:

If lockdown continues much longer I doubt even Easyjet will come back without subsidies, it's going to cost a lot more to get off island soon.

I think it’ll be one of the first places they be back flying if they can, to be honest..

2 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Any airline that is prepared to even considering opening up a base and services here during these dystopian times deserves full support from the parish council.

I think we’ll have to go down the route of setting our own up if we want an airline coming here at the end of this now.