sarin gas attack in syria

The torture dungeons were there already chinahand. From the very recent past where assads regime used to torture people on behalf of the british and american intelligence services. Look it up china. It takes a certain type of trust. A trust they also used to have with gadaffi. As for the rest, sorry i got a bit lost halfway through. Did the un not ultimately admit it was the fsa which carried oit the last gas attack? The one that dave tried to escalate our war on the back of? The whole thing is a crock of shit china and if you don't think it's being personalised towards assad then im a chinaman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spicer: "These heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the last administration's weakness and irresolution, White House spokesman Sean Spicer told a briefing. President Obama said in 2012 that he would establish a 'red line' against the use of chemical weapons and then did nothing."

What does that suggest to you is going to happen next? Surely not what they wanted all along?

Stinky you are rather exercised by this, aren't you?

Your clarity is telling us something but I'm not certain much about the complexity of Syria's tragedy.

"Only logical explanation" ... really?

There's some really quite horrible footage of this out there, whoever is behind it needs exposing to it themselves.

Has anyone watched 'Hypernormalisation' by Adam Curtis? He's got quite a lot to say about Syria and how it has got to where it is now, its a fascinating watch and might help people a little on understanding what the fuck is going on. Its on the iPlayer if anyone has the time.

i'll give it a go. meanwhile it was a stroke of luck the white helmets happened to be on the scene. founded by ex british intelligence officer and ex blackwater/academi member james le mesurier they certainly have a knack of being in the right place at the right time, i'll never view sgt wilson in quite the same way again

Russia is saying that this happened as a result of its planes attacking a rebel arms factory which was manufacturing whatever substance was responsible. There seems to be a tremendous clamour to blame Assad, with 'experts' on the BBC saying that only the Syrian Government is known to possess sarin. I don't really buy that. The Japanese sect that attacked the Tokyo subway with sarin in 1995 had managed to make the stuff, and there are several unpleasant pesticides that have similar biological effects to sarin. So it doesn't seem particularly implausible that Syrian rebel fighters have the capacity to inflict this sort of attack.

Unfortunately, an independant investigation would face the stumbling block of getting access to a war zone. Nevertheless, that is what the UN ought to commission , as it is important to get it on record. No one may be able to be held to account right now, but that might not always be the case and prosecutions might be possible in future.

I had the great fortune to meet a very wise Egyptian man through my work many years ago and we kept in touch. We often chewed the fat of an evening over pots of tea and there was one thing he often said which resonated with me, he said 'There will never be true democracy in this region because we the people cannot handle it. There are too many different agendas and we need strong leaders to keep them all in check.' He referenced Saddam Hussein, Hosni Mubarak and Assad as three leaders who the region needs to keep law and order, however brutal it might be sometimes, so that the rest of the populations can live in some form of functioning society.

The west cannot impart our form of 'democracy' as it doesn't necessarily work in other cultures. As the old Jam song goes 'The public gets what the public wants' and that about sums up that whole region.

Hmmmm didn't we invade Iraq over some iffy WMDs? Then execute the leader of that country and replace him with a more "friendly" leader?

Seeing as no-one has definitively proven one way or another who the weapons a) belong to and b) were used by, I reckon there is a familiar beat to this song...

I love how in your mind if we go into Syria, it's our fault, and if we don't go into Syria, everything that happens there is our fault.

*holds your face* It's not your fault Richard. It's not your fault.

I am incredibly reluctant to consider 'false flag' a possibility, because it seems to be the default position of the conspiracy theorists, and assumes an extreme cynicism and amorality on the part of the perpetrators.

But it does occur to me that it is the anti-Assad rebels who have the most to gain from an attack like this, which has created a powerful reaction in the West. Trump, who can barely prevent himself speaking his thoughts, has said that many lines have been crossed and that his opinion of Assad has altered. Who is to say that rebel forces would not cause this in order, in their own minds. to buy US intervention against Assad?

Archived