sarin gas attack in syria

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A more obvious false flag, I can't think of.

Do you think so?.....I mean Assad and Russia were on the verge of victory by driving out the western proxy terrorist army, surely the next obvious move of genius for Assad to do would be to stage a chemical attack against his own people, it probably never occurred to him that it may be opening himself to worldwide condemnation and bring humiliation to his Russian allies.....surely this chemical attack by Assad is an act of military genius, just look at all the gains it has made for his government and what a blow it has been for the western interlopers.

I suspect that the Trump team telling the world the other day, inluding Assad, that removing the current Syrian regime was not a US objective probably wasn't the smartest thing to do...

I know it makes me sound like gerrydandridge but it all gives the impression that the only ones to have a positive outcome from this are those who would want to make Trump act like a conventional US president and make it difficult for him to get chummy with Putin. That has been achieved. So who would that be then? Not Assad. Not the Russians. Not anyone in Syria who had the means.

We don't really know anything about this.

Drawing conclusions based on nothing more than gut feels is very unlikely to get you anywhere.

1000s of people have been killed in Sarin and chlorine attacks in Syria. The entire country is in chaos and both/all sides could have access to these weapons - Assad had them before the conflict and multiple units have rebelled and military bases fallen since then.

By far the most likely theories are that the munitions are either 1) Assad's owned and delivered, or stolen from him by the rebels and either 2) damaged in a conventional raid or 3) deliberately used by them to try to implicate Assad - they've every reason to want to do this on their own without any 4) further conspiracies.

It looks like many people are assuming it is 3) or even 4), based on what I'm not exactly sure. My understanding is that the Russian's say 2).

The narrative is that Assad had won and had no reason to do it.

I suspect his victory is less clear cut and there are many desparate struggles still to be fought.

Here's the New York Time's take.

Assad's forces have starved, tortured and poisoned 100s of thousands in this war. It isn't impossible his forces thought they had impunity to act.

Personally I have no idea what happened, but Assad is a monster - his kneel or starve campaigns show that beyond doubt. The use of such violence cannot create a stable polity - he knows millions of people would gladly hang him on a gibbet - the only way he can stay in power is via terror.

He cannot be a part of any stable solution to Syria's nightmare.

Archived