NHS Cyber attacks

Chinahand

The first thought that came to mind after seeing that the ransom is demanded in Bitcoin was that this was purposely allowed to happen in order to muddy the reputation of Bitcoin and give an excuse to try and criminalise this crypto currency...People will be shocked and horrified that the NHS has been targeted by criminals using a method of payment that the government cannot control. 

I just see a government developed cyber weapon used to begin a smear campaign against a method of payment that the very same people want to see banished, and they used the NHS to maximise peoples anger.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gerrydandridge said:

The first thought that came to mind after seeing that the ransom is demanded in Bitcoin was that this was purposely allowed to happen in order to muddy the reputation of Bitcoin and give an excuse to try and criminalise this crypto currency...People will be shocked and horrified that the NHS has been targeted by criminals using a method of payment that the government cannot control. 

I just see a government developed cyber weapon used to begin a smear campaign against a method of payment that the very same people want to see banished, and they used the NHS to maximise peoples anger.

It wasn't just the UK that was affected though.

1 hour ago, gerrydandridge said:

Bitcoin has been used in all cryptolocker style ransomwares for the last few years.

15 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Bitcoin and wikileaks will both take a bit of a beating with this stick though

... and the NSA will be lauded for creating it in the first place??

12 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

So....I hear that the NHS IT system was "Strong and Secure" when the decision to not update from XP was on the table...

Bad management. But no doubt they would carry on approving their own six figure salaries.

Archived