Manx Justice

FCMR

So you can absolutely confirm to me that in a certain case that may or may not have been mentioned in this thread and may or may not have been discussed on other manx forums in the past, that the judge and the defendant were not in any way linked by a common and secretive club.

Shut up.

Despite both of these stupid and shallow statements there is a serious point to be made here.

If I was in a civil dispute that went to court I would not want the judge to have any outside pressures or other influences acting upon his/her's judgement. I would want and expect them to be completely impartial and to treat all parties fairly. If a member of the judiciary was also a member of The Freemasons for example then I would be uncomfortable about their impartiality. At the end of the day distrust of The Freemasons is their own fault for being a "secret" society.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you people activley look for conspiracies everywhere, and when there isn't one, you make one up.

just because life isn't fair, grow up.

In this case, quite correct. The whole thread was started by an equation that said A + B must = C and don't allow any facts to get in the way of it.

Nipper,

Before you start making stupid ill-founded comments regarding the jury system, why don’t you take the time to speak to the people involved with the system?

As someone who is very much involved in the jury system, I can assure you that the process for selecting at jury is very fair and beyond interference from the “Old Boys Club”.

As someone who is very much involved in the jury system, I can assure you that the process for selecting at jury is very fair and beyond interference from the “Old Boys Club”.

But you acknowledge the existence of the "Old Boys Club".

(sorry)

But you acknowledge the existence of the "Old Boys Club".

(sorry)

Isn't it on Blackberry Lane

(equally sorry)

Archived