Explosion at Manchester Arena

Max Power

1 hour ago, llap said:

The average person shouldn't need to make that determination. The government already have a watchlist of 3,500 suspected terrorist wannabes. I suggest internment or deportation. PS this would have saved over 20 lives in Manchester, given the loser responsible was on their watchlist.

A few pages back you were arguing for the public (which includes the 3,500 on the watchlist) to be armed so they could fight back if the govt tried to round them up and put them in camps like the Nazis did.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

All foreigners should be kicked out of the UK? Sorry, but that has nothing to with terrorism and is simply moronic. Thats my answer to you.

i didn't say that....

can you tell me when the british voted for this multiculturalism?  ...........

Woody2, by all means clarify what you mean by foreigners if I've misunderstood you. 

I've already answered your other question, like it or not multiculturalism is a product of modern life and globalism. I presume you don't dislike all aspects of multiculturalism? I'm quite partial to a Chinese takeaway.

12 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

I've already answered your other question, like it or not multiculturalism is a product of modern life and globalism. I presume you don't dislike all aspects of multiculturalism? I'm quite partial to a Chinese takeaway.

no it not, now answer the question...

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Sorry, I know you're asking about multiculturalism but is there any chance of you writing that in English?

diversion tactics again:rolleyes:

Not diversion tactics at all, I've genuinely read that several times and it simply makes no sense. What are you trying to ask me?

As for diversion tactics, are you going to clarify who or what you mean by foreigners? I've read through this thread and you do not specify. Answer me that, give me a clue what you are trying to ask me and I'll gladly answer.

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Not diversion tactics at all, I've genuinely read that several times and it simply makes no sense. What are you trying to ask me?

As for diversion tactics, are you going to clarify who or what you mean by foreigners? I've read through this thread and you do not specify. Answer me that, give me a clue what you are trying to ask me and I'll gladly answer.

can't get a much easier question:rolleyes:.......

4 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

All foreigners should be kicked out of the UK? Sorry, but that has nothing to with terrorism and is simply moronic. Thats my answer to you.

Rightly or wrongly the multicultural UK you see today is undoubtedly the result of having an empire. The UK has always been a nation of different nationalities though, or should we be kicking out people who descend from the Vikings, the Romans, the Normans, etc?

I did answer this one 4 hours ago (see above). If you want actual legislation then there is the likes of the British Nationality Act 1948 that lead to a major influx of people from Commonwealth nations. There has been plenty of subsequent relevant legislation - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_British_nationality_law - all of which is (as ever) was passed by Parliament. Parliament being voted for by the public, I would suggest that is your answer. I'm not saying I agree with all of it but that appears to more recent basis. Of course, people have been moving to and from the UK for centuries.

Now, play nice and answer my question about what you specifically mean by foreigners?

woody, it has already been explained to you that the history or the British Isles and the British Empire had a large part to play in the multiculturalism seen in the UK today.  It is remarkable how many people were actually mobile in the past despite the difficulties travelling at the time. 

During all those changes people have enter into mixed race relationships, learnt to live and work alongside people of other nationalities, races and religions.  "Foreigners" have contributed to the rich history of the UK.  

Whilst the "people" may never have voted explicitly for multiculturalism it has developed into the norm.  Manchester is proud of the different people who make up the population and that community pulled together and unified more than ever over the last few days.  London is much the same.

Yes there are extremists in Manchester, as there are everywhere, and they come from all sorts of backgrounds and whilst not all engage in terrorism they are still there.  They are British, Christian, Muslim all sharing a common hatred of each other and the world around them.  They fail to see the benefits of a diverse society, they fail to understand the history of the country in which they live.  The English language is full of words taken from other languages, cafe, restaurant, pyjamas, chocolate, typhoon, and plenty more.  The British have adopted foods from other cultures and made it their own (curry).  

The extremists and terrorists cannot see all the good.  They only care about their own interests.  Multiculturalism may seem like a new idea but really it has been going on for centuries.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

A few pages back you were arguing for the public (which includes the 3,500 on the watchlist) to be armed so they could fight back if the govt tried to round them up and put them in camps like the Nazis did.

No, there would be background checks on weapons, not just some free for all, and people on a terrorist watchlist would have difficulty buying a gun while they're in a prison camp. If they wanted a gun now, it's not difficult for a criminal.

2 minutes ago, llap said:

No, there would be background checks on weapons, not just some free for all, and people on a terrorist watchlist would have difficulty buying a gun while they're in a prison camp. If they wanted a gun now, it's not difficult for a criminal.

So llap, once someone passes their check and gets a nice shiny gun how do you recommend that they spot suicide bombers in the public arena?

Archived