Explosion at Manchester Arena

Max Power

19 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Anytime you want to discuss matters without resorting to childish insults and moronic behaviour let me know and I'll happily engage. Until then, peace out. Just saying snowflake :flowers:

irony:rolleyes:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The foreign wars angle will have an impact on motivating certain individuals.  But there are deeper problems than that.  An end to military campaigns will not make it safe to publish certain cartoons.  Until that is addressed there will always be problems. 

And along comes Trump to save us from ISIS.  A guy prepared to say it like it is.  Blame it on Islam.  Then get straight into bed with the Wahabist exporting Saudis. 

2 hours ago, paswt said:

By someone who purports to be a muslim would be perhaps more accurate.

I lived in central London for over 30 years and I was one of the ethnic minorities in my street in Holloway , there were Irish, Greek, Cypriot , West Indian, African, Asian,East European etc etc  , we all got along and there was a thriving local community.

Bearing in mind that this was at the times of the 'Troubles' the Irish were not vilified as folk realised that there were  just people , most were AOK some were shits.

Some on here have decided in their own mind that people can be categorised  by their race /religion / and be held responsible for the actions of a lunatic who just happens to share that race/ religion. 

These same people then think that this gives them the justification for spreading/ promoting hatred , in some cases because they have an "alternative faith", an axe to grind  and are of the mentality that 'they can't see a belt without wanting to hit below it'.

For balance I don't think that any religion or belief should entitle anyone to preferential treatment or greater credibility by society .

hope this helps:flowers:

No true Scotsman fallacy. He is a Muslim if he says he is, or do you not accept the right to self-determination? He is a Muslim. A bad one.

PS there are good ones. Stop jumping down my throat like I'm saying all Muslims are bad. I'm friends with loads of them, been to mosques in the UK and have never had trouble. But Muslim he was. I repeat: a bad one. Most Muslims are good. HOPE THIS HELPS

It is without doubt unhelpful to just expunge the notion that these terrorist attacks have anything to do with Islam.  They have everything to do with particular Islamic theologies. 

Llap wrote several pages back that suicide is a sin under Islam, and will result in eternal damnation to hell. Well, let Muslim theologians develop and promulgate views like that, assuming it is theologically tenable. Let them provide theological arguments to underpin 'moderate Islam'  and foster tolerance.  

If 'Prevent' is failing, then it has to be revised. There are excellent organizations like the Quilliam Foundation that can help.

The awful truth is that all we can do is reduce the likelihood of attacks like Manchester, we can't stop them.  In fact, our security services have done a pretty good job, as this is the first mass casualty attack on UK soil since the London bombings of 2005.

6 minutes ago, llap said:

PS there are good ones. Stop jumping down my throat like I'm saying all Muslims are bad. I'm friends with loads of them, been to mosques in the UK and have never had trouble. But Muslim he was. I repeat: a bad one. Most Muslims are good. HOPE THIS HELPS

Thanks for that , it does help , we agree.:flowers:

I think 'guzzi's' post (above) is the way forward , I could never understand why that despicable man with the hooks for hands was allowed to preach his hatred at the Finsbury Park Mosque . 

35 minutes ago, guzzi said:

It is without doubt unhelpful to just expunge the notion that these terrorist attacks have anything to do with Islam.  They have everything to do with particular Islamic theologies. 

Llap wrote several pages back that suicide is a sin under Islam, and will result in eternal damnation to hell. Well, let Muslim theologians develop and promulgate views like that, assuming it is theologically tenable. Let them provide theological arguments to underpin 'moderate Islam'  and foster tolerance.  

If 'Prevent' is failing, then it has to be revised. There are excellent organizations like the Quilliam Foundation that can help.

The awful truth is that all we can do is reduce the likelihood of attacks like Manchester, we can't stop them.  In fact, our security services have done a pretty good job, as this is the first mass casualty attack on UK soil since the London bombings of 2005.

this guy was a moderate muslim.......

muslims have no interest whatsoever of tackling the issues as prevent has shown, stop talking and start taking action....

20 minutes ago, paswt said:

Thanks for that , it does help , we agree.:flowers:

I think 'guzzi's' post (above) is the way forward , I could never understand why that despicable man with the hooks for hands was allowed to preach his hatred at the Finsbury Park Mosque . 

or amber rudd stating last night that the uk had stopped 150 recently leaving for conflict zones, what's to celebrate about that?

take the passports off them and give them a first class ticket.....

26 minutes ago, woody2 said:

this guy was a moderate muslim.......

muslims have no interest whatsoever of tackling the issues as prevent has shown, stop talking and start taking action....

I don't think that's the case, most Muslims are just like you or I, they don't have the resources or the personal qualities to stamp out violent extremism. Both here and in the middle east, they are victims like everyone else. What do you think that ordinary Muslims should be doing other than condemning those who do these murderous acts, which the majority do? 

Archived