Explosion at Manchester Arena

Max Power

I see those poor misunderstood peaceful Muzzlamics have just offed 3 busloads of Coptic Christians in Egypt ,dozens killed with many children amongst the victims.

It must be the fault of their governments foreign policy!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Jennifer Hudson conveyed a very powerful message through a piece of clothing.

The 31-year-old songtress posted a photo of herself on Instagram wearing a black T-shirt that spelled out the word "love" in guns and various other weapons Tuesday.

"It's time to turn all of that into this !!!! LOVE," she wrote as a subtle reference to the controversial Trayvon Martin case verdict.

A case like this clearly hit home for the Oscar winner as her mother, brother, and 7-year-old nephew were shot to death in October 2008 in Chicago.

Hudson, who is posing with with a very serious face in the photo, is showing she wants to turn the violence and hate into love.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/jennifer-hudson-sends-powerful-message-gun-themed-shirt-article-1.1402324

All in the best possible taste, then. 

I don't particularly like it, especially on tattoos, but it's been a kind of famous design for a few years, sold on t shirts etc and as a piece of art / design the intention behind it appears to be well meaning. Thought you'd like to know as you showed interest in it. Of course with art it is all down to interpretation, and the average daily mail reader is unlikely to think any deeper than the initial shock they might feel. 

You could argue that to some extent the USA was largely successful with integration. A lot of that though was because, apart from the native Indians, there was no established national culture; and also the sheer size of the country meant plenty of room for expansion and settlement. Lots of problems with this argument of course but I think it's broadly true.    

17 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You could argue that to some extent the USA was largely successful with integration. A lot of that though was because, apart from the native Indians, there was no established national culture; and also the sheer size of the country meant plenty of room for expansion and settlement. Lots of problems with this argument of course but I think it's broadly true.    

i don't think they have,still shooting each other, living in different areas etc...

i did see a clip of lots of experts discussing this and none could answer the question....

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Homarus, why have you edited out the part of your post that said Britain had integrated well?

Because I ,m using a chinese acer which has a mind  of it's own (Foreigners eh what can you do!)which is a pain in the arse , it's deffo the last time I'll buy a computer simply because it matched  my teams colours  )it was a comment I was going to make and then  said fuck it .

That aside  you pulling your usual tactic of selective quoting Mr S .

The post you allude to actually said Britain had integrated pretty well up until 96 ! Or words to that effect

11 minutes ago, homarus said:

Because I ,m using a chinese acer which has a mind  of it's own (Foreigners eh what can you do!)which is a pain in the arse , it's deffo the last time I'll buy a computer simply because it matched  my teams colours  )it was a comment I was going to make and then  said fuck it .

That aside  you pulling your usual tactic of selective quoting Mr S .

The post you allude to actually said Britain had integrated pretty well up until 96 ! Or words to that effect

Usual tactic of selectively quoting? You deleted it, I could hardly quote in full.

Thanks for clearing up that it was the computers fault. For a second there I thought it was because you realised you were largely in agreement with la Colombe, and we can't have that can we? Not when people are watching! But I'm sure that wasn't it!

Archived