May v Corbyn LIVE

TheTeapot

I'm watching this on channel 4. What a silly title, they aren't going up against each other. First part was audience questions to Corbyn that clearly weren't scripted at all but despite the lack of preparation Corbyn was very good. He's up with paxman next so that should be fun

Hmm, it isn't fun. Paxman has adopted his usual style, but just firing off his questions and statements without really allowing answers. Corbyn dealing with it fairly well. Getting a bit of shit for his views on the monarchy, even though his views are right.

Started to flap a little towards the end, not the best interview I've ever seen, either in the choice of questions or the way they were asked, or the answers. Paxman seemed determined to get him to slip up over his pacifist ideas, Corbyn stuck it out carefully, avoiding the traps. I hope Paxman remembers he used to be quite good at this in time to take on May.

She's a little bit like Roy Hodgson really. Just wittering on without really saying much in a dull way. Not exactly an inspirational leader. Someone has clearly had a word with her though, she hasn't used the strong and stable thing today.

49 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm watching this on channel 4. What a silly title, they aren't going up against each other. First part was audience questions to Corbyn that clearly weren't scripted at all but despite the lack of preparation Corbyn was very good. He's up with paxman next so that should be fun

He's not the total buffoon the Brexit loving media portray.

If May says Brexit again I think I'm going to fucking puke. She's a sad one trick pony - Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, fucking Groundhog Day by a piss poor Thatcher impersonator. 

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Its 'making a success of brexit' now. She must have said that 15 times in the last few minutes.

She is the most awful Margaret Thatcher impersonator. This is exactly the sort of popularist, jingoistic, nationalistic old bollocks that Thatcher sold to white van man over the Falklands. Here's the last part of her interview leaked in advance - Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit,

Archived