Muslim terror attack on London Bridge

Tarne

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Try harder woody2.

At least attempt to dispute my (easily provable with facts and evidence) statement with actual sentences and evidence.

so this bloke you and md claim was drunk.....

that he got pissed in a pub in Cardiff. Got thrown out and then got in a van and mowed down some people in London a few hours later

So he got drunk...in Cardiff...and drove to London

facts and evidence please.......

19 minutes ago, woody2 said:

so this bloke you and md claim was drunk.....

that he got pissed in a pub in Cardiff. Got thrown out and then got in a van and mowed down some people in London a few hours later

So he got drunk...in Cardiff...and drove to London

facts and evidence please.......

It was actually Mediastar that claimed as such, Richard just picked it up. Possibly a good example of how rumours spread quickly in the internet age.

"A man living near Osborne told the Press Association he reported him to police for sleeping in a van 24 hours before the rampage.

Edward Gardiner, 28, called officers when he saw a man smelling of alcohol asleep in the vehicle with the door open. He believes it was Osborne.

The vehicle Gardiner saw was rented from Pontyclun Van Hire, near Cardiff, the firm that supplied the one used in the attack.

Gardiner, a self-employed builder and plumber from Pentwyn, east Cardiff, called police at 12.27am on Sunday. “I could smell alcohol on him and he was grunting and groaning. I poked him but he didn’t respond so I called 101,” he said.

South Wales police said no offences had been committed when they went to the street in the Llanedeyrn and Pentwyn area of Cardiff.

A spokesman said: “A male was asleep inside the vehicle, which showed no signs of having been driven recently. The officers’ assessment was that no offences were disclosed.”

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

"A man living near Osborne told the Press Association he reported him to police for sleeping in a van 24 hours before the rampage.

Edward Gardiner, 28, called officers when he saw a man smelling of alcohol asleep in the vehicle with the door open. He believes it was Osborne.

The vehicle Gardiner saw was rented from Pontyclun Van Hire, near Cardiff, the firm that supplied the one used in the attack.

Gardiner, a self-employed builder and plumber from Pentwyn, east Cardiff, called police at 12.27am on Sunday. “I could smell alcohol on him and he was grunting and groaning. I poked him but he didn’t respond so I called 101,” he said.

South Wales police said no offences had been committed when they went to the street in the Llanedeyrn and Pentwyn area of Cardiff.

A spokesman said: “A male was asleep inside the vehicle, which showed no signs of having been driven recently. The officers’ assessment was that no offences were disclosed.”

so he wasn't drunk as you claimed...

South Wales Police confirmed that 24 hours before the London attack it had responded to a 101 call following reports of an "insecure van" in the Llanedeyrn area of Cardiff.

Officers found a man asleep inside, but determined no offence had been committed.

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

It was actually Mediastar that claimed as such, Richard just picked it up. Possibly a good example of how rumours spread quickly in the internet age.

i heard this man spotted someone collapsed on the path and stopped to help and was then attacked by a gang as he tried to escape, dragging him out of the vehicle and giving him a good kicking....

guess we will never know the truth...

On a separate note...just had BBC news on TV... Which then finished and went to North West news, where the presenter announced ' welcome, you join us live from Manchester,v where tonight we are marking one month since the terror attack etc etc'....

Perhaps it's just me...but I find this kind of thing a bit weird/uncomfortable....why is another live broadcast necessary ? Why does one month have to be marked in this way ? How does it help repeating again how many/who died ? I don't know but it just seems almost a bit ghoulish and exploitative and doesn't really serve any purpose aside from repeating the same sad facts which would remind/upset those affected again and perhaps try to achieve ratings...

Perhaps I'm overly cynical.

3 hours ago, woody2 said:

so he wasn't drunk as you claimed...

I think you'll find that it was me who suggested that he was probably some drunk which seems pretty much to be accurate from that Press Association quote. He certainly doesn't seem to be a terrorists does he? He has been portrayed as a man with well documented issues with alcohol who had apparently got kicked out of the pub the night before for being drunk and making anti Islamic insults, he then apparently slept in his van, and then went off to London to mow a few people down. It's not suggestive of terrorism at all. 

13 hours ago, MediaStar said:

I think you'll find that it was me who suggested that he was probably some drunk which seems pretty much to be accurate from that Press Association quote. He certainly doesn't seem to be a terrorists does he? He has been portrayed as a man with well documented issues with alcohol who had apparently got kicked out of the pub the night before for being drunk and making anti Islamic insults, he then apparently slept in his van, and then went off to London to mow a few people down. It's not suggestive of terrorism at all. 

if he had been over the limit police would of nicked him, police state no crime had been committed....

Archived