Muslim terror attack on London Bridge

Tarne

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, quilp said:

The 'christian' comment was imprecise; he's an atheist after all. It's unnecessary to explain the thrust of my comment, and to be honest, I just can't be arsed. His reply to w2 was a thinly-disguised put-down designed to provoke? Unnecessary...

This one of those times we need bloat quoting.

It was a link to a bbc story about a man who chucked acid at a Muslim couple. Your comment seemed to be attacking the story and it's sharing. I was not sure why that should be any more provocative than sharing details of an ISIS attack. 

I now recognise that it was posted as part of the cut and trust of debate with Woody2 and you were defending his honour. I doubt anybody would draw an inference that Woody2 would do something like that and it's not as if Woody2 is unprovocative himself. You're quick to castigate anti-racism and anti-islamophobia as the politics of offence but here you're doing the same thing. It's quite a clever strategy really marginalise your opponents as thin-skinned and PC, whilst turning into an aggressively bleating snowflake when faced with any counter argument. If it works it frees the floor for your guff to go unchallenged. 

24 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

That is the point.  It is the hypocrisy of the right wing when it comes to right wing terrorist acts and their insistence that they are not connected to them.

It's matching their hypocrisy with your own.

6 hours ago, Declan said:

This one of those times we need bloat quoting.

It was a link to a bbc story about a man who chucked acid at a Muslim couple. Your comment seemed to be attacking the story and it's sharing. I was not sure why that should be any more provocative than sharing details of an ISIS attack. 

I now recognise that it was posted as part of the cut and trust of debate with Woody2 and you were defending his honour. I doubt anybody would draw an inference that Woody2 would do something like that and it's not as if Woody2 is unprovocative himself. You're quick to castigate anti-racism and anti-islamophobia as the politics of offence but here you're doing the same thing. It's quite a clever strategy really marginalise your opponents as thin-skinned and PC, whilst turning into an aggressively bleating snowflake when faced with any counter argument. If it works it frees the floor for your guff to go unchallenged. 

What I do know is when it's pointless engaging in debate with people who employ another clever strategy: that of compartmentalism. You've already got me and others tucked away in some neat little mental box labelled, 'right-wing racist and greasy islamophobe' so there's little point. Debate successfully stifled as far as I'm concerned.

19 minutes ago, quilp said:

What I do know is when it's pointless engaging in debate with people who employ another clever strategy: that of compartmentalism. You've already got me and others tucked away in some neat little mental box labelled, 'right-wing racist and greasy islamophobe' so there's little point. Debate successfully stifled as far as I'm concerned.

Have I? One of the advantages of living in a multicultural society is that you quickly realise that people don't fit into easy boxes.  

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Personally for me your thumbnail pic is insufficiently detailed to tell if you have greasy hair or not.

However, like me, you fess up to your fuck-ups.

Something of a rarity around here.....

11 hours ago, quilp said:

....it's pointless engaging in debate with people who employ another clever strategy: that of compartmentalism. You've already got me and others tucked away in some neat little mental box...

You mean like boxes labelled...lefty, liberal, snowflake, libtard, "terrorist sympathiser", etc?

11 hours ago, Declan said:

Have I? One of the advantages of living in a multicultural society is that you quickly realise that people don't fit into easy boxes.  

i guess you haven't seen the manchester bombing photos?

Archived