Muslim terror attack on London Bridge

Tarne

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fake vests are a deterrent. The real thing can incorporate a push-to-break electronic switch; releasing the thumb when shot, for instance, makes the circuit and triggers the vest. The last attack there in 2017 the attackers even had bags of fake explosives hanging on their fake vests.

To make you think twice about having a go, fake or not. 

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

The fake vests are a deterrent. The real thing can incorporate a push-to-break electronic switch; releasing the thumb when shot, for instance, makes the circuit and triggers the vest. The last attack there in 2017 the attackers even had bags of fake explosives hanging on their fake vests.

Actually they had drinks containers hanging on their vests. How can you have a fake vest?

One way ticket to martyrdom is my guess...

8 minutes ago, quilp said:

I understand that. But my point was this is unlikely to be an organised terrorist attack. More likely a mentally ill person that also happens to be muslim. A terrorist organisation with no explosives or even guns. People shouldn't be getting too carried away over this.

10 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I understand that. But my point was this is unlikely to be an organised terrorist attack. More likely a mentally ill person that also happens to be muslim. A terrorist organisation with no explosives or even guns. People shouldn't be getting too carried away over this.

I'd agree, but the problem is there are LOTS of them.

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Wasn't the 2017 attack with virtually identical MO also just before the election? 

According to news reports this guy had been recently released from prison on terrorism charges and was wearing an electronic tag.

3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Lots of mentally ill people? 

43 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Yes, the stabby kind.

Strange thing. At one time mentally ill people would be largely innocuous. They would generally sken at you or make strange noises. On a bad day they might spit at you. Either mental illness has conveniently increased its scope by an order of magnitude to embrace much more criminal activity, or everyone is just angrier nowadays

Archived