Muslim terror attack on London Bridge

Tarne

A more real life scenario is do you save your wife and kids and get them away from the scene safely and quickly, thereby sacrificing the 99, or do you take the risk of trying to shoot or otherwise neutralise the terrorist, save the 99 and risk your loved ones?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Sorry but you are creating a deliberately simplistic scenario which pushes your agenda and are not understanding why people aren’t instantly agreeing with you. 

It’s so simple. Of course I’d be the saviour of these people and effortlessly blow his brains out. But this misses out all the real world nuance which makes being in this situation complex. Most people run and to pretend you’d be the hero in a millisecond is so internet armchair warrior as to be untrue. 
PK has as far as I’m aware carried a weapon in Northern Ireland and is aware how training and adrenaline interact when placed in extremis. I’ve not and have no idea if I’m a hero in a millisecond. I’d hope to be but am aware reality is very different than internet hard man hypotheticals. 

I did state from the outset that it was simplistic.

I served on HMS Maidstone (look it up).

97 left.

6 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Neither you nor the police officer who shot the nutter on London Bridge have any legal dispensation to kill someone. Is your gun legally held and are you entitled to have it with you at the time? The police officer was lawfully entitled to be in possession of a weapon. He is schooled in its use and circumstances but has no licence to kill.

The state or public body he serves the Met is subject to the human rights act importing the European Convention into domestic law. The right to life is the only absolute right in the Convention. The armed officers are responsible for their actions and must make individual choices and decisions.

The circumstances of the shooting will be examined like any other killing and a decision made whether or not to prosecute. One or two police have been accused in recent times having shot someone.

The human rights law allows the state to take life in order to protect the rights and freedoms of others. That includes police protecting their own right to life and that of their colleagues which also means they can choose to shoot but it is their decision alone. The nutter with a fake bomb vest can be shot as the police must see the risk as real and by shooting him or rendering him incapable the officer is upholding his own rights and freedoms ie he and colleagues will not be blown up.

So if you skewer a terrorist with a narwhal tusk and he dies or whatever the CPS will take a view just as they have done with such as women killing a man attempting to rape them likewise burglars being killed by householders when themselves under attack and in fear of being killed.

A police officer shooting a dangerous man armed with knife and bomb vest will be investigated like any other allegedly justifiable killing...

The above is how I recall it from reading a briefing paper or English law publication in Tynwald library years ago now...

I did not say that the scenario was in the UK or subject to UK law.

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

1.  Wonder where the hell I had got this gun from;

2.  Quickly realise I have no idea how to use it let alone check to see if the dammed thing is loaded and that there is no "safety catch" on;

3.  Wonder where the hell my mobile phone went;

4.  Wave the gun in the direction of the guy with the sword and hope like hell he doesn't realise I have no idea how to use it;

5.  Realise that the person writing the scenario can only see one solution and therefore that it is a load of nonsence;

It's a 'Hypothetical' moral question - read it again. 

5 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

It would be helpful in these situations if you happened to be a psychopathic killer and thus were incapable of feeling fear

That's the guy who is doing the killing - just like actually happened on the London Bridge. It was real you know, they are actually dead, and he did actually kill them!

I do not know how your brain works, but you seem to be confusing me with an actual psychopathic killer who has actually killed - are you not just a little bit confused here?

Have your stupid liberal arguments not brought you to the point where you are unable to distinguish between an actual physchopathic killer and somebody who states that he would rather take them out than see innocents terminated?

Would you like to debate further?

10 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:
You too may be a big hero
Once you've learned to count backwards to zero

There are two people (young kids) dead Bobby B -They have yet to be buried.

I am not a hero, but I am 100%, No equivocation, on their side.

Who do you want to attack first Bobby? Me? Or the bastard physchopath that killed them in cold blood?

Simple question, have the bollocks to give me a simple answer.

No fancy dancing, simple question, give me a simple answer.

27 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I do not know how your brain works, but you seem to be confusing me with an actual psychopathic killer who has actually killed - are you not just a little bit confused here?

I think you are confusing you as an actual psychopathic killer. I had you down as a bit of a bullshitter/oddball.

Why are you being so cretinous.  No one on here is siding with the terrorists.  I suspect even RB will admit it was legitimate to shoot the guy.  That isn't what you are asking.  You're demanding we dick wave that we'd be rushing in instantly to be the hero.  It is easy to pretend, but in a surprising show of maturity, most MF'ers are being realistic in wondering how they'd react.

Archived