• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, woolley said:

Tell those who get butchered.

You need to keep a sense of proportion.

On 2/2/2020 at 6:21 PM, P.K. said:

London 2019

Muslim terrorist stabbings - 2 fatal, 3 injured.

Non-terrorist stabbings - 132 fatal, untold numbers injured.

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

Really?? when did this happen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Nicola_Hughes_and_Fiona_Bone

"On 18 September 2012, Police Constables Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone, two Greater Manchester Police officers, were killed by Dale Cregan in a gun and grenade ambush while responding to a report of a burglary in Greater Manchester, England.

The incident was the first on the island of Great Britain in which two female police officers were killed on duty. Greater Manchester's chief constable Peter Fahy called the attack "cold-blooded murder"[3] and British prime minister David Cameron described it as a "despicable act...of pure evil".

On 12 February 2013, Cregan changed his plea to guilty in relation to the murder of the two police officers. Three months later he admitted to carrying out two separate murders in 2012, which were linked to a gangland feud in Manchester.[4][5]

Cregan was sentenced to a term of whole life imprisonment at Preston Crown Court on 13 June 2013.[6]"

I seem to remember the most tenuous manx connection being bandied about at the time.

10 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Not my fault you are assigning attributes to an entire demographic out of your petty and misguided fears.

Wrong on all counts. I don't assign attributes to any entire demographic, but I do assign responsibility to the liberal forces who in their folly allowed the worst elements to establish, mulitply and prosper. My insight is not borne of fear or hate and nor is it misguided or driven by extremist websites or publications. It is based on first hand experience of many years.

22 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

Out of curiosity, why do people who don't even live on the Isle of Man post here? That's weird.

I don't mind the off-Island perspective in general. But I agree that it does seem odd to post from Dorset to the Isle of Man about a subject that is an issue in neither.

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

I don't assign attributes to any entire demographic

Except when talking about "young men" of a certain nationality/religion.

It is based on first hand experience of many years

Again, your warped sense of reality is no real bench mark or metric that can be relied on.

46 minutes ago, woolley said:

For goodness sake. The old "mental issues" chestnut. If the mental issue is religion then yes, perhaps. If we could get people to renounce ridiculous religious dark ages indoctrination, but determined and ruthless regimes have tried to do that in the past without success. It's hardwired.

Not everyone who commits an act of terrorism or a crime of any sort will have a mental health issue but some will.  There are plenty of vulnerable people around from all walks of life who are very easily led, see for example Flat Earthers, Anti-Vaxxers and Conservative voters ;) 

Personally I believe that we should get rid of every single religion.  The sooner we realise that we have one life and one opportunity to make it a good one the better.  Religion gives people an excuse to be nasty with the chance of redemption in the next life or afterlife. 

Archived