Muslim terror attack on London Bridge

Tarne

22 minutes ago, quilp said:

The christ cult didn't start in Rome, its roots began in the land of Abraham, Israel, the ME as we now know it.

That isn't Christendom though - and to be frank since the time of Paul the centre of gravity of Christianity wasn't in the Middle East, but in the Eastern Roman Empire - Asia Minor, Greece and westward to Rome.

The Jewish side of Christianity under James the brother of Christ didn't survive the Jewish uprising and since then Christianity was firmly based in Rome where the term Christendom became common currency.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Radio 4's The Briefing Room is discussing the subject of releasing terrorist convicts.

It's always helpful to actually have some data - the reality is that recidivism in terrorist convicts is actually remarkably low - see at the 17:30ish mark for details.

5%-8% reoffend - to quote the expert - shockingly low compared to general criminals.

I’m ok with some weed smokers re-offending, not too happy with burglars and fraudsters re-offending, but in the interests of them eventually being productive members of society could accept a percentage of recidivism. I’d rather have beasts rot for a very, very long time and I’m not sure any percentage of recidivism is acceptable in the case of extreme right-wing political or religious terrorists. 

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

The Radio 4's The Briefing Room is discussing the subject of releasing terrorist convicts.

It's always helpful to actually have some data - the reality is that recidivism in terrorist convicts is actually remarkably low - see at the 17:30ish mark for details.

5%-8% reoffend - to quote the expert - shockingly low compared to general criminals.

You don't need many. 

1 minute ago, Freggyragh said:

I’m ok with some weed smokers re-offending, not too happy with burglars and fraudsters re-offending, but in the interests of them eventually being productive members of society could accept a percentage of recidivism. I’d rather have beasts rot for a very, very long time and I’m not sure any percentage of recidivism is acceptable in the case of extreme right-wing political or religious terrorists. 

I've now read 2 Freggy posts I agree with in the past few minutes. I believe I may have entered a parallel universe. 

12 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

@quilp where are you going to expel.the ones that were born in Britain too? 

No country is obliged to take British citizens. 

Permanent internment in an overseas nation by "offshore" them to a leased prison camp. The cost would be lower for us and a useful invisible export for the nation providing the facility.

Archived