EU "Brexit" Negotiating Directives

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, woody2 said:

even the labour lords are saying that they won't accept a deal if the ecj have jurisdiction. looks like pk and bazza are making a fuss over nothing....

It is not their decision. They have no power.

The ECJ question is answered by a simple riddle from your school playground: "Where does a twenty stone hamster sleep?" ANSWER..."Anywhere it wants!"...

The EU is the hamster...It will decide...It looks like a Brexit based on EFTA so with a transitional period the UK will be more "in" than "out" and therefore the EU will insist on ECJ overwatch for many years...

Not a totally hard Brexit ....

Or if you like an American colonial style declaration of breaking away, well yes then the ECJ will be out of the equation. But I really do think this Brexit thing is going to be nothing like we expected...

2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

The UK is still in the EU so what's new? And the Irish will not be subject to T May's concessions to EU folk who wish to remain in the UK and send for relatives and have to carry special ID cards...The relationship between the Republic of Ireland and UK is very special and transcends the EU and Brexit...

22 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

It is not their decision. They have no power.

The ECJ question is answered by a simple riddle from your school playground: "Where does a twenty stone hamster sleep?" ANSWER..."Anywhere it wants!"...

The EU is the hamster...It will decide...It looks like a Brexit based on EFTA so with a transitional period the UK will be more "in" than "out" and therefore the EU will insist on ECJ overwatch for many years...

Not a totally hard Brexit ....

Or if you like an American colonial style declaration of breaking away, well yes then the ECJ will be out of the equation. But I really do think this Brexit thing is going to be nothing like we expected...

still no jurisdiction without the uk agreeing, you just keep waffling on about nothing.....

I see old Jezza has been getting tough tonight with his EU supporting luvvies by sacking those Labour frontbenchers who backed a barely disguised anti-Brexit "stay in the Single Market" amendment. That won't please the young metropolitans who voted for him, although it should be no surprise. He has spent his political life campaigning against the EU.

Despite his economics of the madhouse, I believe he is spot on in his antipathy towards the EU for the damage it has done to communities, national sovereignty and self-determination. As a forum for globalisation and supranational control the EU is second to none.

So it appears to be left and right against the squishy centre.

25 minutes ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

What if IoM Decides to Separate from the UK and Remain with the EU?

3X3

As IOM isn't in EU in first place, but has a limited association agreement dependent on U.K. Membership that's not an option

9 hours ago, woolley said:

I see old Jezza has been getting tough tonight with his EU supporting luvvies by sacking those Labour frontbenchers who backed a barely disguised anti-Brexit "stay in the Single Market" amendment. That won't please the young metropolitans who voted for him, although it should be no surprise. He has spent his political life campaigning against the EU.

Despite his economics of the madhouse, I believe he is spot on in his antipathy towards the EU for the damage it has done to communities, national sovereignty and self-determination. As a forum for globalisation and supranational control the EU is second to none.

So it appears to be left and right against the squishy centre.

Oh a pro Brexit rant from Woolley. How unusual. 

That isn't a rant. It's a calm and sober comment about Corbyn's attitude to the EU. I think you are letting your prejudices carry you away a little there, Sheighty.

We have to be careful that we don't become so touchy about things that nobody is allowed to say anything without having the opprobrium of the mob heaped upon them.

Archived