EU "Brexit" Negotiating Directives

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything is possible. There is no appetite in Tory or DUP circles to upset the confidence and supply agreement, but as things stand at the moment they won't want May anywhere near the next election. That's a long time in politics though. If May does a good Brexit and things start soaring afterwards, who knows, it could be her Falklands although I don't really want to minimise Brexit by equating it to the Falklands.

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

Anything is possible. There is no appetite in Tory or DUP circles to upset the confidence and supply agreement, but as things stand at the moment they won't want May anywhere near the next election. That's a long time in politics though. If May does a good Brexit and things start soaring afterwards, who knows, it could be her Falklands although I don't really want to minimise Brexit by equating it to the Falklands.

the point was things can change fast....

i thought exit was the start of ww3 according to osborne......

"European Parliament ridiculous." says Juncker.  :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40492396

"Mr Juncker complained that if Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel or French President Emmanuel Macron had been in the chamber, it would have been full."

Which in itself should tell him something about himself and the office he holds, I suppose.

Seriously though, you'd think a man in his position would be careful what he says about an institution in the EU's position.

14 hours ago, woolley said:

"European Parliament ridiculous." says Juncker.  :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40492396

"Mr Juncker complained that if Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel or French President Emmanuel Macron had been in the chamber, it would have been full."

Which in itself should tell him something about himself and the office he holds, I suppose.

Seriously though, you'd think a man in his position would be careful what he says about an institution in the EU's position.

the alcoholics meltdown......

sky version (via manx radio)

Mr Juncker, President of the European Commission, said he wanted to welcome the 30-odd MEPs "who have actually taken the trouble to turn out" and said the low attendance showed the parliament, which has more than 700 members, was not "serious".

They must register when they vote in order to get their daily allowance, and by the afternoon almost 700 had done so.

• 2 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, Barrie Stevens said:

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2017/05/22-brexit-negotiating-directives/

The above link to the European Council source gives an outline of the EU Directives for Brexit terms...And what the UK may have to pay for!

there is no negotiating unless it suits the EUSSR, this is a very enlightening article of whats wrong with this calamity that's still being played out.

http://www.ips-journal.eu/topics/european-union/article/show/the-real-state-of-the-european-economy-2287/

2 hours ago, Tarne said:

I kind of hope for a complete clean break from the EU, no transition - just fuck it, do it, deal with the fallout, move on from there. Gives the EU no time to react

Or the UK.  Things are up in the air as it is, without that nonsense.

Maybe that is why you're stuck in what ever day job you have (and your side line of pretending to be on the dole) rather than negotiating something that will affect the UK and Europe for several generations.

Archived