The expanding role of the European Court of Justice

Barrie Stevens

7 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

How is that inflation rate working out for you?

Real good! I am quite well off as a pensioner and get more per week than I did when I had  a job at the Villa Marina plus cleaning jobs..There are many discount shops and bargains down on my manor and what with "Pound shops, "Home Bargains", "99 p Shops"...special  offers and discounts, the local market...Internet purchases etc...Is no problem. I don't run a car. Live central in a leafy location, bus stops close by and I use bus pass...Ale £2.05 a pint in "Spoons"...Last Leccy bill under £50 a quarter and I get £140 a year towards that from E.on under a warm home for codgers scheme plus Winter Fuel Allowance...Plus the "Triple Lock" on pensions which seems certain to stay...I tot it all up and what with pensions and top ups and other things I am OK on £18,000 a year..More than some peoples wages .Is OK if you are a "coffin dodger" So yes, inflation? What inflation?

17 minutes ago, twinkle said:

what a fucking power grab these bastards are pulling, "a court with unparalleled transnational power.” they ACTUALLY want these powers given to them,the sooner we're out the better.

But if you have a trade deal or other treaty with the EU they call the shots and any disputes will go to the ECJ even if you leave the EU..And it looks like the UK and by extension the Isle of Man will end up with fudged up relationship with the EU akin to that of Norway...I mean so far we  (UK) have not even got a government in the sense of political direction..

Archived