Don't have a cow, man

llap

“India’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, has condemned a rise in deadly mob attacks on cattle traders, beef-eaters and dairy farmers, saying killing people in the name of protecting cows is unacceptable. Most of the attacks waged by so-called cow vigilantes from fringe Hindu groups have targeted Muslims. Cows are considered sacred by many members of India’s Hindu majority, and slaughtering cows or eating beef is illegal or restricted across much of the country." 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/29/modi-condemns-rise-mob-violence-beef-eaters-india

On the one hand, it's yet more evidence of the stupidity of religion in general. 

On another hand, it's good to see that the Muslims are getting a bit of their own medicine for a change.

On another hand, I think it's good that Hindus are so passionate about defending these beautiful and intelligent animals. 

On yet another hand, is violence against humans any worse than systematic exploitation and violence against other species with sentient life, who have feelings and feel pain? 

I have mixed thoughts on this and apparently as many hands as  Parvati,

13 minutes ago, llap said:

On another hand, it's good to see that the Muslims are getting a bit of their own medicine for a change.

Are "the Muslims" receiving "their own medicine" the ones who are doing the prescribing?

I am simultaneously referring to many different things. On the one hand, yes, Muslims. They've been killing and persecuting Hindus for over a thousand years. On another hand, meat eaters, yes - the question is whether killing animals is any less immoral than killing people for killing animals.

Archived