Something Stinks In Douglas

When Skies Are Grey

At least the miasma seems to be localised. I used to live in York, which, for some reason, would be enveloped in its entirity by a combination of bumsmells and the stink of burning hair/flesh. It was quite overpowering too, and nearly always accompanied by a near biblical plague of flies the size of a monkey's fist. That was assuming you'd survived the constant gales of winter, and the assaults of flying ants in the spring.

God hated the people of York, and so do I having lived there.

Has anyone bothered to mention that those pretty little lights above the greens are actually air-ducts for the Iris storage tanks under the ground? I'm sure it isn't only rotting seaweed that we're smelling.

I had a look over the side last night and there is puddles of what looks like vomit everywhere from paramount area up to summerland. Lots of seaweed rotting too.

The seaguls love it, keep it going so they all head over there away from the southern end of douglas :)

look silly people, seaweed has been rotting ever since seaweed first grow on this planet, and it smells when it does it. it continues to do so today. or is it a plot by corupt MHK's?

Yes and isn't it ace the way they seem to have some guy in a tractor down on the beach for ages on a regular basis shovelling it around from one spot to another to not get taken away but just get washed away when the tide comes in again! Pourquoi?!

Anyway, if you think summerland end of the prom smells bad you should try castletown when the tide is out and it's a hot day. It's way stinkier!

Archived