Bumpkin terror group targets smug ex manx residents

12 minutes ago, woody2 said:

he is, he turned padstow around from been derelict....

this group must have someone from outside cornwall as a member due to them been able to type.....

Unlike you w2? Same basic grammar/spelling error twice in 26 words.

45 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Unlike you w2? Same basic grammar/spelling error twice in 26 words.

John, your spelling has had many glaring errors in the past. Throwing stones/glass houses?

12 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

IIRC, John uses speech-to-text software so it's beyond the pale to criticise him for his spelluing.

Dictating to a secretary isn't speech-to-text :)

12 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Dictating to a secretary isn't speech-to-text :)

Lol. I haven't employed a secretary for a very long time. And I've given up speech to text as my typing skills have improved.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Lol. I haven't employed a secretary for a very long time. And I've given up speech to text as my typing skills have improved.

In the late 1990s I had a little racket on the Island composing CVs ....in confidence of course!

Met a few known people. None of them the esteemed JW..

However, it was rather odd that so many young Advocates and ones up to say 40 in particular could not type...We were all like that in the City in the 1970s ie we drafted telexes and documents etc by hand and then an operator typed them up for us and we had to approve the draft and then it was done. By 1980 everyone had to do their own typing etc...

In the 1970s it was a sign of lowly standing if you had to do your own typing and telexing....I suspect that the Isle of Man lawyers were probably still back in the 1970s in the 1990s!

Since the 1980s shipbrokers of which I was then one have had to draw up their own charter parties and sale documents...

I never sent telexes live. However I composed them and prepared the hole punch ticker tape more than once.

before memory typewriters, and then computers and word processing it didn't make sense fees wise for an advocate to type.

Now I have 100's  of precedents stored electronically and can cut, paste, edit.

20 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Nothing odd about it at all. Advocates were not paid to type, that's why they employed typists ;)

What those in their 20s and 30s in 1997? That is the time I refer to. Even as students they would have needed to type I would have thought. That is the context.

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I never sent telexes live. However I composed them and prepared the hole punch ticker tape more than once.

before memory typewriters, and then computers and word processing it didn't make sense fees wise for an advocate to type.

Now I have 100's  of precedents stored electronically and can cut, paste, edit.

Ah! But I am talking about young ones as well. I just found it odd because by then even as a student you needed to type I would have thought.

Archived